21: Counting Stars

Start from the beginning

"Well I guess Nate doesn't look like me then." Clint said.

The lady continued to talk crap about how they did nothing. Steve couldn't take anymore, he went up to the T.V and punched it. Causing the audio to cut off, the screen the crack, and his hand to be filled with pieces of glass and covered in blood. "I couldn't take it anymore." He simply said as he moved a few strands of blonde hair away from his eyes.

Everyone's eyes went from his eyes to his hand. "I'm fine." He said. "But that was not okay." He pointed to the broken T.V. "Are we going to let some news reporter talk about us like that? Or are we going to do something about it?"

"Well if we get Tony to sue-" Clint started but was cut off when Nat hit his shoulder.

"We're The Avengers." Steve said. "We protect people. We save people." Everyone looked down at the ground, listening to his words.

"Which is why we all should be training." Nat spoke up. "Come on Clint." The Russian spy said as she left the room, Clint followed behind her.

The day continued on.

Bruce and Sean were working in the lab. Sean spoke up "Dad, when are we going to tell them."

"Tell them what?" Bruce said, not taking his eyes off of a test tube.

"Who killed Howard." Sean whispered.

Bruce looked at his son and thought to himself. Suddenly Tony and Steve came into the room.

"Dr. Banner." Steve nodded his head.

Bruce nodded his head. "What brings you two here today?"

"We were kinda hoping you knew that answer already Doctor." Tony crossed his arms.

Bruce was confused. "I- I don't-"

"Do you and Sean know something we don't?" Tony asked.

Sean's brown eyes went wide with fear, he quickly tried to walk out of the room without being noticed, but he failed.

"Sean," The Captain noticed him. "Tell us what you to found."

Sean stood there, frozen. He knew he had to tell them. "We found out who killed Howard." The Brit spoke soft and slowly.

Tony's eyes darted at Sean. "Who." He said eagerly. Sean looked at his father. Bruce looked at Steve and Tony and said, "A man named Johann Shmidt."

"Red Skull." Steve said as he narrowed his eyes. "He's dead." He snapped.

"So were you, Johann Shmidt-" Bruce started, but was cut off by Steve.

"His name is Red Skull don't call him anything else."

"...Red Skull..." Bruce said, "Fell into the ice like you and Bucky."

Natasha, Clint, and Thor came into the room, not daring to say a word. "He didn't fall he got evaporated when he touched the tesseract." Steve protested, he didn't want to believe that Red Skull was still out there.

"Yes, he was evaporated," Bruce said. "But his ashes had to fall somewhere. They probably fell into the water, froze over, someone dug them out, and recreated him."

"But who?" Natasha said, quickly catching on.

"Who's diabolical enough to?" Tony said sarcastically but there was still anger in his voice. "Who would bring the dead back to do more killing? Who would raise an army just to destroy us?"

"Loki." Thor looked at the ground.

"What's with your brother and wanting to rule over every living thing?" Clint asked with sarcasm in his voice.

Thor answered, clearly not understanding Clint's sarcasm. "He want's the power he never got, the worship he'll never get."

Bruce spoke up, "Here's the thing, we, Sean and I, believe that Loki didn't just bring back Red Skull."

"And who do you think he also brought back?" Clint asked.

Bruce looked down, not wanting to meet eyes with anyone, especially Steve. "Every H.Y.D.R.A agent ever."

Everyone started to train everyday from then on. The teenagers got better. A month had passed.

"Jenny," Sean warned his younger sister. "How many times do I have to tell you,S.I.Ts are our friends, not something you can break." The two were training their fighting skills, when Jenny took it a little too far.

"But he-"

"Is your friend." Sean cut her off.

"He told me to 'come at him' so I did."

"Jenny you broke three of his bones." Sean said with a little smirk. Jenny was left speechless. Sean shrugged his shoulders and put his arm around his adopted British sister and hugged her.

Soon everyone could run around the Faculty without getting separated. "Come on guys! We can do this just one more lap!" Emily shouted.

"We need some inspirational music up in here!" Julia laughed.

Nate started to sing/yell, "YOU'RE THE BEST AROUND! NOTHING'S GONNA TAKE YOU DOWN! I THINK THATS THE WORDS!"

Everyone started to laughed. "Guys lets all be Rocky!" Lucy suggested. Soon everyone, but Torun and Jenny who didn't know who Rocky was, started singing that Rocky song.

"GETTING STRONG NOW!" Nate yelled as everyone laughed.

-----------------------------------------------

I don't think the world is sold

I'm just doing what we're told.

------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys! I am soooooooo sorry for not posting this chapter for about two weeks now. If you go on my page I have the whole story as to why I couldn't post until now. I promise I will get my act together! It's just a little hard because I have school and violin practice and now softball all on top of that but I promise to keep writing because I love writing. I wont be doing a question of the week this week because I'm late.

Counting Stars is by OneRepublic and the lyrics above refer to when the news reporter lady was talking about The Avengers and how they didn't really work together. Every though no one says that the doubt themselves they were thinking that some people just don't believe in The Avengers. The Avengers don't think "the world is sold" and the teenagers are "Just doing what they're told"

Anyway I hope you all are having a great day and keep having one! BYEEEE!