Chapter Fifty Five

Connie had woken up at 7am the next morning in order to get everything ready for her flight. She had to get all the bridesmaid's dresses, and it had turned out that Robyn and Lofty couldn't go, so Connie had invited one of her friends - who also happened to be a qualified, and very talented, hairdresser - along in their place. Jacob was upset that Lofty couldn't make it, but he still had Max and Big Mac there. Speaking of, Jacob really didn't know what to expect from Big Mac's best man speech, but he knew that it was going to be.. Iconic. Connie had packed a separate suitcase for the bridesmaids dresses, and her own wedding dress, along with all the shoes they needed, and some of the added accessories that they'd bought. The bridesmaids were to wear blue charm bracelets that matched their dresses, and Connie had trusted Rita and Zoe with theirs, so Connie only had Grace's to worry about, as Charlie was too young for one. This had all gone unknowing to Jacob, who still hadn't seen any of the dresses and was dying for a sneak peek. Also, Connie had bought herself a bikini set, as they were getting married by the beach after all, and she had made sure that everyone else brought one too. On top of wedding packing, of course Connie had to pack everything that she and Grace would need for the next seven days, as they were going on holiday. Once she'd done this, Connie felt just about ready, and Jacob was already chilled out on the sofa with Charlie and Grace when she came down.

"Are you ready, then?" Connie asked, knowing that there would be something that he'd have forgotten.

"Yep," he answered.

"Got your trunks? Boxers? A couple of changes of clothes? Your suit?" He nodded, and she sighed deeply. "You're a man, Jacob. There's going to be something you've forgotten."

"Trust me, Con. I made a list weeks ago, and I've been perfecting it ever since. I'm ready, promise." She moved over to him, and kissed him once, then offered to make some brunch, as it was 11am. She made some cheese on toast, as they hadn't had it for a while and it was one of Jacob's favourites, and then she noticed that Grace and Jacob were still in their dressing gowns.

"We are setting off on the plane at 4pm," she commented. "We need to be there at 3pm latest, and it's going to take us about two hours to drive down there. You're going to have to get ready soon."

"Connie, seriously," Jacob said, and pulled her closer to him. "You need to chill. Our wedding will be perfect, just like the woman that's organised most of it, so stop stressing, and help me with this." He was playing Lara Croft on his PS4, and he'd been stuck on the same part for a long while now. Connie sat over his legs after watching him being shot dead twice in the space of a few minutes, and snatched the remote off him playfully. She died once as she found her way with the controls, but then once she understood them, she raced past the opposition and got him on to the next level. She stood up, and he pulled her down, placing the remote on the floor as the game went onto the menu screen, before beginning to tickle her mercilessly. "I've been trying to do that for bloody ages!" He laughed, and she was rolling around the couch in stitches, begging him to stop. "How did you manage that so quickly?"

"If you stop I'll tell you!" She breathed, laughing more than she thought was possible. He released her, and looked up, expecting her to explain. "I'm just naturally gifted at beating you on video games," she said, smiling, and he continued tickling her until they both fell onto the floor with a bang. Connie was gasping for air, and he thought he'd winded her, as he'd fallen on top of her onto laminate flooring, and so he leapt up immediately and checked her over.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a panic, and then she turned to face him and he realised that she was just struggling to breathe from laughing so much, and he sighed in relief. Grace was in stitches too, and Jacob was just so thankful that he hadn't hurt Connie.

"That was the most I've laughed in years," Connie screamed, tears of joy rolling down her cheeks.

"Did you see Jacob's face?" Grace laughed, and Connie joined in, agreeing that he'd looked hilarious.