Prelude

Long ago, a world existed before that of our own. An ancient world in which toiled in battle and war endlessly, combating over land, trade, and all sorts of trifles. A world of technology, of culture, and of ignorance.  With these constant conflicts laced within every day events, a collective suffering was felt by those unmotivated by these endless wars- leaving the people of Earth in a constant state of discomfort. However, these wars did not go on without an overseer- a Guardian whose gifts in defending the Earth were outweighed by a collective force.

This Guardian called out to the world beneath, crying out as a beacon of reason in hopes to end this bloodshed. Representatives from the different factions and groups responded, electing that their leaders and a single representative be sent as envoys for this possible peace. This Guardian asked that these men and women of different cultures and walks of life end their lives of toil and struggle- instead dedicating it to the protection of more than their banners and people, instead fighting for all of Earth's people. The Warlords considered this offer and eventually, united by a belief in peace and weariness of their wars, they agreed to this Guardian's offer. In return, the Guardian bestowed upon them a new art of combat, an art used for defense of others, and the protection of one's self. Martial Arts.

However, the Guardian was betrayed. One of the Warlords employed their use of Martial Arts into their wars and began instilling the methods among their followers. Fighting with greater ferocity, the Warlords were forced into an even deadlier fray- the stakes in which they fought escalating even greater rather than allow peace to return. The Guardian was outraged and removed himself from the communities of Earth, instead choosing isolation from the world as he watched what he'd committed. Once the pain and horrors of war had cracked through his stony heart, the Guardian mustered what energy he could and severed a dragon of the land into seven pieces... forging mystical wishing orbs known, as the Dragon Balls.

These Dragon Balls were scattered out unto the Earth, separated like the factions that sought them, as many warriors rose out of the conflicts and those inspired by the tales of heroes. Moved by the lands they'd seen, changed by the rivals they faced, these warriors thinned and rose as generations passed- before an unforeseen fate ravaged the world. The Dragon Balls were gathered, as the mighty Shenron rose into the sky and granted a terrible wish. Forcing the world into nigh unbreakable darkness, the world fell into a constant rumble of calamity. Shaken by earthquakes, moved by torrential winds, Earth was reshaped by natural disasters and monsters created by that of a great evil, a man known as Leech. This is known as the Dark Ages.

Forced from their wars and into the arms of pandemonium, the Warlords held no more power as their kingdoms fumbled and were crushed by the ever changing world. Pushed by the risks and dangers of the ever growing dark, the Warlords opened their teachings to the rest of the world in hopes to better their chances- spreading their knowledge of Martial Arts to those who could defend, and then- the whole of their world. Employing them in hunting, peace, and defense of those they loved- the world fought and bled for their chance at survival. Then, came a hero whom rose from the darkness.

Gathering the Dragon Balls and defying the darkness that Leech had brought unto the world, the Mysterious Warrior combated the dark king and challenged his power as the world stared in awe. Rumbling by the might of the great hero and the wicked villain, the Earth bore witness to its first great hero standing up for what the world truly needed- a light in the dark. A wish was made as Leech watched his great Dark Age repealed by the light, the world below finally witnessing the sun gleaming down upon them. But then, the Mysterious Warrior vanished- fading as the shadows retreated.

As the many colonies and villages finally stepped out of their confines, stepping out into the new, reshaped world- they witnessed the birth of new cultures and races. Rather than take up arms and return to their warring ways, the people were done fighting for their lives. Instead, they'd fight for the peace that surrounded them. Under the new dawn, the world accepted one another- and ventured out into this remade world to discover what the dark had hidden from them. Remembered for their deeds, the Mysterious Warrior was forever immortalized as a tale told to generations beyond, as the cultures of the world created a new festival in their honor. The World Tournament, in which warriors of all cultures and walks of life may demonstrate their knowledge of Martial Arts, the skills they'd used for survival, in hopes to better each other- and celebrate the unity of their new world.

As the 47th World Tournament gathers to witness a new generation of fighters, the warriors whom have volunteered prepare to face each other in the great arena- and take home the prize as the World Champion. However, an evil rumbles underneath the peace and calm- eager to shatter the tranquility that has lasted for so long...