adjustment

Amber's POV

Flashback

"Amber!!! Amber!!!! Amber!!!"

"The f*ck do you want?" I said in annoyance and I earned a hit on my head for that rude word.

Krystal shook her head disapprovingly, "13 year olds shouldn't have such a dirty mouth, Amber!"

"Pfft. Yah just shut the hell up about it cat-eyes, what's with you and being so proper anyways?" I smirked and she glared at me icily but I was never scared of her.

"You shouldn't be so rude, Amber!!!" She pouted and I rolled my eyes, "Or what? What'd happen if I'm so rude anyways?!"

She thought long and hard then she smiled, "You'd never get married if you're so rude!!! No one would want you!"

I chuckled then stuck out a tongue at her, "Well, then marry me if I'm unwanted, mango breath!"

She blushed and hit my head rapidly, "I-I wouldn't want to marry you even if there is no one else in the world!!"

I snapped, "Well f*cking great! I wouldn't want to dream of marrying you anyways, cat-eyes!"

...Well, that was then. Now not only was I married to her, but we're raising a kid together too.

Talk about irony.

"Okay..."

"What is your name again?" I eyed the little one who was glaring at me, like what gives?!

She sighed and said monotonously, "Jung Nana. Do you want a 5 year old to spell it out too??"

Krystal smiled at her daughter's sassiness while I wasn't as impressed, so I crossed my arms, "Yah watch your manners, kid!"

She eyed me beadily, "Why should I listen to you?"

I snorted in disbelief and nudged Krystal, "I'm her dad right?"

Krystal nodded amusedly and I turned while sticking out a tongue at the kid, "Saw that? I'm your dad kid, you have to listen to me -"

She said honestly, "No you're not my real dad. You're not a guy, Amber!"

What the hell, the kid's got brains!

I faltered, "I-I'm your dad kid, regardless of what people say -"

"Well everyone says that I'm a freak if two women gave birth to me. Since I'm not a freak, I'm also not your daughter, Amber!" That sassy kid said smartly.

I turned to Krystal, my face pale and I shakily pointed at the smirking 5 year old, "I-Is she yours? I remember you being not so bright, Krystal -"

She hit my head and blushed, "I-I was pretty smart too, okay?!"

I shook my head incredulously, "Yah, you used to skip classes all the time and fail almost all your subjects, how can this smart kid be yours, huh?!"

Krystal got mad, she lifted her daughter up and placed her face next to hers, "Yah llama, look, we're so alike!"

I wasn't convinced though they looked like they could be twins, "That might be coincidental, she's just wayyyy too smart to come out of you, Krystal!"