9. Leave Me Alone

A/N
Wow... I'm still in awe for 1k reads! Thank you! This means so much to me! At first I originally wrote this book for myself and thought that no one would want to read it. I see a lot of you putting my book in your reading lists and it makes me so happy... Thank you guys. I love you. xx

-Edited chapter: December 28th, 2016. Some things have changed-

-
9.
Leave Me Alone

"Zara... Zara." Someone shook me.

"Mm..." I quietly mumbled, rolling in my covers.

"Wake up. Please." The person pleaded, caressing my forehead gently.

I slowly opened my eyes, squinting.

I propped myself on my elbows, and noticed my dad sitting at the edge of my bed, crying.

"Dad? Are you okay? What time is it? Where's mom?" I asked him in a raspy tone.

"Yeah.. I'm fine. It's midnight. You practically slept all day." He chuckled lowly.

I nodded at him, sitting up. My dad looked recked. His eyes were all puffy and I could tell that he's been crying for hours. I stared confused at the sight.

"C'mon dad. Tell me what's wrong..."

"Nothing." His voice hitched.

"I'm not dumb." I cocked an eyebrow up.

"J-Just know that.. That whatever me and your mom go through, we will always love you. We both love you and Meg so much. Nothing in the world could change that." He whispered as more tears begin to shed.

"What's going on?" I questioned him, my breath unsteady.

"Your mother and I have gotten into several fights since you and Meg have left for your field trip. And now she's left the house and we don't know where she is. Meg is out to look for her but we don't know what to do. We've called the cops for help, they're out searching for her. Zara, I'm so sorry." He broke down in tears.

My eyes blink repeatedly, tears slowing tricking down. A gasp has escaped my lips, as I begin to cry madly.

I felt my life crumbling down beneath my feet.
It was hard for me to breath as I felt a strong pain in my chest.

When will this nightmare be over?

"W-What? How did this happened?" I stuttered.

"Don't get angry with me right now. We're under so much stress already, but your mother caught me speaking to Mandy again." He truthfully admitted.

I glared at him angrily and my palms begin to sweat. This is absolutely ridiculous.

"Fuck! You just had to screw didn't you?" I shouted at him.

"What did you just say to me?" His eyes widened in shock and I can tell that he's furious.

"You heard me! Why would you pull a stupid move like that?!" I said, vexed.