Christmas eve

Today was Christmas and I was so excited. we had gone to town a few days ago and went shopping for each other. I got jaylee a new book on horses and a bottle of horse shampoo and a halter with Noel on the nose plate.I got mom a new necklace that was two horse heads creating a heart and I got Percy a that new play station game that he wanted. it was Christmas Eve and I had just finished wrapping gifts at noon when I decided to go see moon. "hey my baby girl" I told her she looks at me "I'm sorry baby girl I really am but at least the vet said it wasn't to bad of a break and you will make a full recovery and be able to jump four feet again maybe five but we never jump you that high anyway." I tell her, "one more month girly one more month" I tell her giving her a pat and a carrot. I leave her stall and find jaylee at Noel's stall. "Hey jay wanna go for a trail ride?" I ask her. "sure but lets bareback" she says. in two seconds she was up on Noel's back. "Hand me her halter please" she tells me. I hand it to her and she puts it on before tying the lead rope to make reins. I go grab s'mores halter and put the halter on tie the lead rope and jump on. I lead her out of her stall and find jaylee waiting at the outside door. "lets go" she says. "wanna do bareback cross country?" She asks. "why not i will give you a twenty second head start" I call. she canters up at the beginning of the cross country trails and I begin counting. "one, two, three, four, five............ Nineteen twenty" I count out loud then begin s'more at a canter. I find my balance easily and we pop over the first log. next was two bigger logs side by side. we pop over those before the creek. it wasn't to wide easy to jump and we soared over it. next was a fence probably three feet tall. s'more jumped it pretty easily but not much room to spare. next was hay bales I held on tighter just incase s'more suddenly stopped. thankfully she didn't and popped over it. the next jumps were easily done she half halted at the ditch but that's it. "good girl" i told her as we reached a little clearing that had a pond in the middle where jaylee was waiting. "hey" she says casually walking Noel up to me. "when did you finish?" I ask. "about thirty seconds ago" she says parking Noel beside s'more. s'more looks like a ant with her little fourteen four body to Noel's seventeen hand one. Jaylee suddenly grins and then I find my self falling off of s' more and jaylee turned and cantered off. s'more turned an looked at me like what are you doing down there?. I laugh get on her and canter back down the trail following jaylee, I found her back at the barn. I put s'more away before walking up to her ad punching her in the arm. "ow what was that for?" she complains running her arm. "you know what that was for" I tell her. She just laughs "merry Christmas" she says before walking away. "you to" I say rolling my eyes. I walk back to the house because I had grown bored.

A/N sorry this is a shorter chapter the next chapter will hopefully be longer.