Epilogue

Ft. Draco and Lily's Theme Song

Lily's POV
Sirius, Emmaline and I danced around the kitchen, we had attempted to bake a cake but had never got it in the oven, as we ate all the batter, some of it coating the walls. We belted out lyrics of Miley Cyrus' 'Party In The USA.'

"My tummy's turnin' and I'm feelin' kinda homesick

Too much pressure and I'm nervous,

That's when the taxi man turned on the radio
And the Jay Z song was on
And the Jay Z song was on"

I froze mid-lick, seeing a familiar figure leaning casually in the doorway.

"Draco!" I cried happily, chucking the spoon over my shoulder and running over to hug him. A satisfying 'ouch' came from Sirius behind us.

"Hey." Draco chuckled, placing a kiss on my temple.

"What are you doing here?"

"I uh, I came to talk to you. Do you mind if we take a walk in the park?"

An unsettling feeling fell to the pit of my stomach and I sombrely glanced back at Sirius, who only shrugged and picked the spoon up off the floor. I nodded and he held the door open for me, so we could cross the road and take a walk in the park opposite the house. "So, what are you really doing here?" I turned to face him, concerned.

He looked away, not meeting my curious gaze and lead us over to a shaded grassy patch, secluded. We sat and I patiently waited for his explanation. "My father told me what happened. Now, Lily, he hasn't told Him yet, but when he finds out, he's going to come after my family and use me to get to you. I don't want that for our relationship. My family will also be branded with a bad name. I don't want to put you in any more danger."

"Draco--"

"Please don't, Lil. My father won't tell Him, but we can't be together."

"Did your father put you up to this?"

"No, Lily. It's just too dangerous!"

I didn't even realise I was crying until the tears wouldn't stop coming. I stood and didn't miss the way he sat back from me. "Draco please, we can make it work. This isn't fair."

"No Lily, it's over! I'm sorry, but I'm not putting you in any more danger than you're already in." He shook his head, his eyes pleading.

I turned and ran back to the house, slamming the door behind me and locking it. Sirius came out of the kitchen, a spoon dangled from his mouth, but I ran up the stairs not giving him any explanation. Harry heard me coming up the stairs and his door opened but I leapt into my room, slamming the door closed. No, Draco, I would not forgive you. I will not accept what you have done.

No one disturbed for the rest of the day, spending my time sobbing into my pillow. I was curled up in the foetal position, tears silently streaming down my cheeks, hugging my pillow when Emma knocked on the door. "Come in." I sniffed.

She poked her head through the door, giving me a soft smile. "Dinner's ready."

I looked away from her, not really feeling like eating anything. She came in, closing the door behind her and sat on the side of my bed. "Lily, are you alright?"

I started to nod, before shaking my head and another sob racked my body. "No Em, I'm not okay, I'm absolutely not okay!"

She wrapped me in her comforting arms. "Shhhh it's okay, you'll be okay."

It wasn't okay. He was out there, alive, living and breathing, walking around on the same earth as me. He'd been back a second and look at everything that's happened? One of the nicest boys I've ever known was murdered, the Minister Of Magic turn's out to be an utter scumbag and my life has been turned upside down. I have friends, peers, teachers, adults, family whispering behind me back, worried Harry and I are going to snap at any second...and...and at the first sign of trouble, my boyfriend abandons me right when I needed him most.

"How can I be okay if I'm completely broken?"