Chapter Four

It had been all too quiet for the last few weeks. Erik hadn't tried anything and Heather hadn't given any dirty glares. Ian stared more but overall it felt nice. That was not normal. I was use to feeling like hell was on earth coming to school everyday but it had been bearable for the last few days and all I could think was that it was because they knew my secret.

"They don't know anything,"  I told myself, trying to calm my never ending rambling in my head.

"Carmen!" 

I jumped and turned around to see Jake. I really needed to settle down, this was getting out of hand.

"I talked to the principal today," he smiled, holding out a pair of keys to the ballroom they normally kept locked up until Homecoming. "You're welcome."

"Are you serious right now," I grinned taking the keys from his hand. This was too good to be true.

"Absolutely. He said just make sure you lock up when you're done. He suprisingly doesn't think you'll vandalize it."

"Ha, funny," I smiled sarcastically then I pulled him into a side hug. It was a perfect place to practice when I didn't have dance until later in the day.

"I owe you one," I said to him.

"How about you make my favorite meal when Max and a couple teammates comes over Friday?" he smirked.

"Sure," I said with a soft smile.

"Alright, well, I'll see you tonight. I know you're gunna wanna check that room out and see if you have enough space for that piece you're practicing."

"You know me well, kid brother," I winked.

"Look who I've found."

We turned to see, of course, Heather. I knew it was too good to be true.

She smiled sickly sweet and behind her stood Ian and Erik. Oh God.

"What do you want, Heather?"

"I want to give you another chance," she smiled as if I gave a shit about what actually came out of her mouth.

"For what? Me to turn you down?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

Her eye twitched showing her irritation. Ian smirked.

I stepped up to her and said "Look here. I want nothing to do with you or your little posse. I don't need your invite because it will be declined. Heather, I don't like you if you haven't noticed and it would be great if you moved out of my way before I moved you myself."

She stepped to me which on her part was a bad move. I stepped closer and said "I suggest you to back up before you piss me off." I responded to her movement.

Our glares deepened.

Ian tugged her back.

"Think about it the offer sits on the table," he said.

"The hell it does," Heather said to him.

"For once I agree with the blonde with the misleading last name," I replied.

She glared at me.

"The offer stays on the table," Ian replied again, tugging his sister back before leaving.

"What was that about?" Jake asked.

"I have no idea," I responded before looking at him. "You have a ride home?"

He nodded. "I have practice tonight."

I nodded and said "Gunna check this room out. See ya later, kiddo," I said taking my back from my locker, kissing his forehead and walking down to this closed, locked, room."