Chapter 2- One Thing

-----A/N------

This chapter is a little longer and I hope each chapter will get longer... And I promise that the action will pick up :)

Ch. 2:

*Olivia's POV*

It's been a full day since I last saw the boys. Today is our first day in the studio together, as I am helping if there needs to be a change in the lyrics as they're recording. I get up out of bed and take a long shower. I get out and look through my closet. I know I'm going to be in the studio with Zayn for a while, and I need to dress up nicely. I look through everything and finally pick out a red strapless dress with a gold belt and paired it with gladiator sandals. I put on mascara, concealer, and some lip gloss. I get in the car and drive to the studio after grabbing some snack bars and water for the drive there. After arriving at the studio a few minutes early, I start setting everything up so I can practice some of my personal songs. I grab a guitar and set myself up in front of one of the microphones. I start the recording and start playing on my guitar. I play a few of my songs until I hear people coming into the building. I quickly get out of the booth and take my recordings out.

"Hey Olivia!" I hear a loud, Irish voice say.

I stand up, startled.

"Hey Niall!" I respond.

I look around for Zayn and I don't see him. I ignore it, not wanting to make a scene.

"You guys read to start?" I ask.

"Umm... Shouldn't we wait for Zayn? He's running kinda late... He always sleeps in" Liam answers with a slight laugh.

"Oh... Right... Well, why don't we wait in the writing room because that's where the snacks are." I suggest.

With a few nods in response, I lead the way into my favorite room of the whole building. I sit down in front of my old writing notebook and cautiously put my hands over it. I'm so protective over it... It's like my baby.

"What's that?" Niall asks me, taking the seat next to me, holding a bag of Cheetos.

"My song book" I reply.

"Care if I read it?" He asks.

I hesitatingly reply, "sure."

He sets the Cheetos down and opens it, carefully reading through the first page, then the second, then third, then fourth, fifth, and stops at the seventh page.

"These are really good, Olivia!" He says, almost surprised.

"Thanks... Those are the ones that I wrote while I was still in high school, the ones that are more recent are in my other notebook. They're probably better." I explain.

"They get better?!? Holy crap, Olivia! You're insanely talented!!" He exclaims.

I just laugh. I don't know why but when he says my name I can't help but smile. His voice just makes me so calm. Just then, Zayn walks in the door. I feel like I forgot how to breathe. Everything else in the room has disappeared. It's just him and I. This is exactly how I felt when he would walk into algebra late back in school.