11. ...I bet these memories follow you around.

Start from the beginning

"But anyway I'll go grab her for you. This isn't a trick for Stephen to talk to her right?" She asked.

I bit my lip, but Gen handled it gracefully. "Not at all. I wouldn't let him talk to her after hearing that." She gave me a look which made me nervous. I was 99.5% sure Gen meant what she said.

After a couple minutes I heard her voice. "Hey Gen." She sounded sad.

"Hey Em. How are you?" She asked.

"I'm okay." Em answered simply.

"Emily." Gen said sternly.

"I just want to go back to Vancouver. I'm ready for this stupid vacation to be over." Maybe we were on the same page. She was ready to go back because she missed me just as much as I missed her.

"You miss Vancouver or Stephen?" Gen asked.

"Truthfully. Both. I was upset about something ridiculous. I imagine Italia told you. I was ready to give up for good, but..." She got quiet and I tried to take the phone from Gen, but Jared stopped me.

"But what?" Gen asked.

"I love him." Her voice cracked and I knew she was crying.

I stormed out of the room and Jared ran after me. "Where are you going?!" He yelled.

I didn't respond.

"Stephen! You can't do this!" He grabbed my arm but I shook him off and went outside where everyone else was.

Jensen stood up immediately noticing me and Jared.

Mavi was sitting in the grass playing with JJ.

"What the hell is going on?" Jensen asked.

I picked up Mavi and Cassandra stood in front of me. "You're not taking her." She said angrily.

"I am taking her and I would advise that you don't try and stop me." I said angrily, but trying to keep my cool for Mavi's sake.

She reached for Mavi but I turned her away from Cassandra and grabbed the diaper bag.

"You aren't going to get away with this." She fumed.

I smirked. "Oh. You think so? I wouldn't fight me on this Cassandra. Your priors as a model aren't the best you know? Reality TV? You don't work and we're having this little altercation in front of MY friends. Now I am going to take my daughter for a few days. Whenever you are back in Vancouver I will be glad to let her spend time with you, but she's staying with me. My lawyer will contact you in the morning." I responded.

She stood there with her arms crossed and as I made my way to the gate I heard a quiet, but not subtle "it's about damn time" from Danneel.

I put Mavi in the car and headed to the airport.

Emily's POV

I hung up with Genevieve and handed Italia her phone.

"You feel a little bit better?" She asked.

I nodded. "I kind of do. She didn't really bring up what was going on over there and I wasn't going to ask, but something tells me everything is going to be fine."

A couple hours later we found ourselves in the hotel room ordering pizza.

"You know you and Robbie are the only ones that do this with me?" Italia laughed. "Everyone else thinks it's weird."

I smiled. "I love it. It's way better than sitting in some stuffy restaurant."

About 30 minutes later there was a knock on the door. Italia was Facetiming with Robbie which left me to get the pizza.

I opened the door not to see a pizza delivery boy, but to see Stephen with a sleeping Mavi in his arms.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" I stammered.

He walked past me and lied Mavi on the bed. I followed him and heard a quiet shriek from Italia and Rob ask "Is that Stephen?"

I stood in front of him and he didn't say a word he effortlessly picked me up off the ground and kissed me. I fell into the moment only to be interrupted by Italia and Robbie.

"Aww aren't they sweetest!"

Stephen put me down and smiled. "I missed you."

I didn't know what to say. I was still in shock.

"Stephen. What are you doing here?"

He chuckled. "Well the proper response to I missed you, is I missed you too. Isn't it guys?" He turned to Italia who was now holding the phone far away enough for Robbie to see everything going on.

They both nodded and I smiled.

"Well of course I missed you, but-" He cut me off.

"Italia, do you mind keeping an eye on Mav, me and Em really need to talk." He asked.

She nodded and winked at me.

I grabbed my purse and walked out of the hotel hand in hand with him.

Once we were sitting in the car my phone went off a few times.

I checked to see 3 messages.

Italia- I want all the details!!

Gen- I hope I'm not ruining the surprise, but I couldn't wait. Good luck. You two deserve this!

Danneel- Hey Ems! I need details! You should've seen her face when he walked out with Mavi!! Can't wait to see you guys together again!!

I decided not to respond right away. I wanted to hear Stephen's side before drawing any conclusions. This horrible 2 days had been pushed to the back of mind. Stephen was back and I was determined to make the best of this time with him, however long it lasted.