2 ~ Pizza and Practices

The next morning, Chloe shot out of bed, feeling refreshed and ready for the day. It wasn't until after she glanced at the clock, when she hurried up. It was already 6:40. She only had twenty minutes get ready before Mack picked her up. Why didn't her alarm go off?

"Ugh," She sighed. "I can't believe I forgot again. Come on, we're only a week into the school year." Chloe threw her hair up into a cute messy bun and decided to wear the first outfit that was spotted, before walking down the stairs to greet her family, with two minutes to spare.

"Chlo Bear, aren't you supposed to pick up Mack today?" Her mom, Jackie, asked.

"Oh my god you're right! I'm late! I have to go." Chloe grabbed her smoothie from the counter while she grabbed her car keys.

"Hey can you give me a ride too? Dad's sick today," Garrett wondered.

"Crap, I forgot to ask him about Mack's detention today. Come on kid, I gotta run. Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" She yelled as she ran out the door. "Gar, can you call Mack and tell her that I'm on my way?"

"Sure thing, shorty," He answered. Chloe glared at his little brother. He wasn't so little anymore, being 6'4 compared to her 5'3 facade. So when she glared, their drastic difference in height basically killed the mood.

"Hey, Mack." Pause. "Yeah, Chloe has had a rough morning, but she's on her way." Pause. "Really?" Pause. "Are you sure?" Pause. "What, are you serious?" Pause. "Okay, I'll tell her." Pause. "Alright, see ya around." Pause. "Bye."

"Well?" Chloe questioned.

"Mack found a ride to school. Some kids named Riley and Hunter are taking her. And Brendan. She also told me to tell you that Hunter said 'Have a great day, Gumdrop.' So you can just go to school," Garrett stated.

"They don't even go here!" She exclaimed, referring to Mean Girls.

"I can't wait until I turn sixteen," He mumbled to himself.

"Hey, I heard that," Chloe shot back.

"Good," Garrett sneered. "Only three months left until I'm a licensed driver."

"And only two months until I'm a legal adult."

Chloe pulled into the school's senior parking lot, and put a tag on her window, indicating that she could park there.

"Alright, kid. We're here. It's 7:10 already, so I'd haul ass if you wanna make it to your first period before 7:20."

"Thanks for the ride, Chlo. I'll see ya at home!" Garrett yelled as he raced towards his class.

"See ya!" She waved back, before shifting her body towards the building and walking towards it.

She had almost made it to the front entrance, when a muscular arm found its way around her shoulders.

"Good morning, Gumdrop. How has your day been?" A familiar voice asked.

"Are you following me or something? And don't you have your own classes to attend?"

"Not all of us start at 7:20. Don't worry, Gumdrop. I'll be on time. Can I walk you to class?" He wondered.

"I'd rather walk alone," She sneered.