Making Waves (1/2) | fauxtr0t (Gruvia)

a/n: Sorry for not updating in ages! Also leave requests for ships in the comments section! And this story doesn't belong to me.

-

"G-Gray-sama doesn't know how to swim?!"

"Juvia – "

"This is ridiculous!"

"Juvia."

"How will Gray-sama and Juvia go on vacation to the beach?! What if Juvia wants a swimming pool in their house?! Does this mean their children will inherit Gray-sama's aversion?! Juvia doesn't know what to d – "

"JUVIA."

"Yes?" Juvia turned to look at her boyfriend as he sat perched on their shared bed. It was late – too late for either of them to be awake really, but they had been out together at that damn engagement party and only just were arriving home. Juvia had been pacing around their room in a nervous panic; dress swishing angrily around exposed legs.

Gray could kill Natsu. If he just hadn't opened up his big mouth, Juvia wouldn't be on this rampage currently...she hadn't shut up about it yet! Every time Gray thought he had subdued her, she'd bring it back up again, bemoaning all the while. As he shrugged off his blazer, Gray groaned in exhaustion. They hadn't been out this late in some time, not since they both had begun living together at least, and it was beginning to take a toll on his body already. Being an adult was rough.

"It's not that big of a deal," he began, unbuttoning his white oxford shirt, "I grew up in the North, remember? There wasn't exactly an abundance of places to go for a swim."

Juvia bit her bottom lip, folding her arms as she fell into deep thought.

"Well...hasn't Gray-sama always wanted to learn...at least?"

Gray sighed as his shirt fell and pooled around his naked hips. He didn't want to discuss his lack of swimming capabilities right now – he wanted to peel Juvia out of her dress, tangle their naked limbs together, and fall asleep under the covers. Shut the blinds, unplug their alarm clocks, and not wake up until well into the morning – maybe even the afternoon. Neither of them were working for the remainder of the weekend, thank god for holidays, and he just wanted an untouched, blissful sleep with his girlfriend.

"Of course I have, but it's just something I never got around to doing," Gray stood up, bare feet padding over to his girlfriend as he laced his arms around her torso, his chest against her back, burying his face into her warm, exposed neck.

Juvia involuntarily shivered as she felt him breathe her in, his lips feather-light as they began to peck their way up the column of her throat.

"Let's go to bed," he murmured against the shell of her ear, planting one last kiss on her temple as his hands began to move down her shoulders, carrying the thin straps of her dress with them, "I'm tired from that damn party and just want to hold you right now."

"Mm," Juvia hummed appreciatively, "is Gray-sama absolutely sure he's tired? Too tired for anything else?"

Gray mulled this over for a minute, his fingertips gliding down to find the zipper to her dress. Tracing the metal clasp, he began to pull it down, opening the skin of his girlfriend's bare back to the cool air of their bedroom.

"I suppose I can always be convinced..." once the garment had dropped from her body, Juvia whirled around, crushing her lips against her boyfriend's, their bodies instantly fitting together as his hands began to caress her lower back. No underwear. Their tongues met and he growled appreciatively, palming her ass and pushing her hips into his, grinding as he did so.