IV Conspirators

In those days, while Mordecai sat in the king's gate, two of the king's chamberlains, Bigthan and Teresh, of those which kept the door, were wroth and sought to lay hands on the king Ahasuerus.

  "Are you scared?" Bigthan narrowed his eyes.

  "It's not the first time that I'll kill a man."

  Making sure no one was overhearing their conversation, he whispered. "Then, when?"

  "Tomorrow around night." Teresh nod.

  "Here's the poison, be careful with it," Bigthan warned. "We don't want errors for tomorrow."

  Not knowing Mordecai was already informed, he didn't waste time in letting it know to Esther.

  And Mordecai taking charge of the message called one of Esther's most intimate eunuch's. Letting him know all the dreadful news, detail by detail, for her to take cards on the situation.

  Running in a hurry, the eunuch was before the queen in no time.

  "Why are you here eunuch?" Hegai scold, "don't you know is disrespectful for you to enter this way before the queen's presence?"

  Leading his eyes to the floor, he excused himself. "I'm sorry my queen for entering this way. But this message can not take more time to waste."

  "Speak," Esther said, watching him with awareness.

  "It concerns your king's life, my queen. He's in danger." He put forth, making Esther's heart nearly halt for a moment.

  "Speak then eunuch!" Hegai said raising his voice.

  And he spoke every word Mordecai had given to him. How his king life was in a thin line of death.

  "My queen, Mordecai spoke to me every word that left my lips. He heard them planning everything. So now please, talk to him. Talk to our king." The eunuch gripped in fear.

  Watching Esther's troubled eyes, Hegai excused the eunuch.

  "My dear queen, I think we should act now," Hegai said, still observing her.

  "Why? why would they want to do so such a thing to him?" Esther said angrily. But at the same time, frightened for her king's life.

  "I'm not sure why my queen. But we'll find out." Hegai declared.

  Not wasting more time, Esther certified Ahasuerus in everything.

  "How they came to you these blind news?" Ahasuerus draw out, trying hard to ease himself from all the wrath that was about to come out.

  "A man who they call Mordecai, a Jew that lives inside the doors of the palace sent me the message." Esther avouched.

  "A Jew?" the king's counselor said incredulously.

  Bringing her brows together, Esther rose her gaze at him. "So we don't have to trust a Jew to save our king's life?" she remarked.

  "Continue Esther." Ahasuerus declared.

  "Mordecai heard Teresh and Bigthan plan your murder."

  "My queen, think about it. Is the word of a stranger against two of the noblest members of the king's house." the counselor alleged.

  "My king. Here are the men who you asked for." Memucan, one of his counselors said intervening in the discussion.

  "It's all a lie." Bightan declared.

  "My king, look at us. They falsely accuse us!" Teresh cried.

  "Enough!" Ahasuerus shouted, exploding in anger. Spacing through them, he finally stopped his tracks in Memucan. "Direct an immediate research," he commanded. "Guards, keep those men captive until everything is investigated," he demanded with authority.

  And when inquisition was made of the matter, it was found out all the truth; therefore they were both hanged on a tree: and it was written in the book of the chronicles before the king.

  "I trusted them my life!" Ahasuerus cried, "They had my entire confidence. And they dared to do this to me?"

  "Please my Lord, don't burn yourself more with this." Haman-one of his most intimate friends and counselors said.

  "I have to know who was behind all this. Why would they want to do this to me?"

  "I'm sorry my king, but they refused to explain their reasons before they were executed," Memucan answered.