19. Stop saying sorry!

Skyler's Pov.

*Skyler, you there?* Marshall repeated himself after I didn't responded the first time due to my body and my nerves shaking extremely.

*Ehm, yeah.* I somewhat shyly answered. I was feeling damn stupid calling him but then not even being able to answer him right away.

It was quiet for a few seconds before I heard him inhaling some air. *I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left.*

*We didn't finish that talk, I still have a lot to say.*

*I know. I'm sorry.*

*Stop saying sorry! I don't want to hear it when you don't even mean it!* I snapped. *Because obviously you dont.*

*But I do.* He whispered softly, making me somehow very angry. *No, you don't! If you were, you would've been the one calling and not me! Stop saying shit you don't mean! I honestly don't even know why I called you in the first place!*

Of course I lied about me not knowing why I even called, I did know why: I cared about him and wanted to make sure he was doing well.

But I was just so angry with him right now and my sudden feeling of exhaustion wasn't helping, especially since I was hiding my anger towards him for so long and now, after our not finished talk and him running away, I reached my breaking point and there is one thing everyone around me knew, or at least should knew: Once I reached this point there was no way in going back because my temper will get the best out of me and since I was good at reading people through, I always knew how to hurt them the best and I wouldn't stop until I won. In the last few years I did not lose one single fight. Not once.

And because of my huge temper for which reason I was a giant bitch at times - even though I kind of always was a bitch, I got into a lot of fights, also with people in this industry but I thankfully I was always able to control how much the media knew due to my enormous influence all around the world. The only feud that ever went public was between me and Jessica Simpson, who thought she could talk shit about me and my loved ones in an interview and it ended with me mentioning her in two verses of a song and her being fired from her label and being gone for good since no one ever wanted anything to do with her ever again because of me. Everyone was afraid to be seen with her and annoy me with that, even though I would never ruin anyone just because they are friends with someone I dislike.

*I was afraid you wouldn't wanna talk to me.* He finally answered, sounding sad and low. I never thought I would ever see or hear THE Eminem that shy, intimidated and sad. Not only how the media portrayed him, but also how he really acts when you get to know him and how I got to know him, let you think that he was a strong and independent character who never in the world would let someone insult nor disrespect him. He used to always be so tough, so I wondered why he was behaving like this right now. But I kind of liked it. I liked that the strong man showed me his heart and his feelings, without covering them.

Maybe he thought he has nothing else to lose. Maybe he trusted me enough to show me this side of him and maybe, maybe he liked me too much to hide it and will fight for it. Fight for me. I would absolutely love that.

But I probably won't get an answer any time soon.

But suddenly an idea popped up in my head. What if I make him show me that he in fact did like me? Well if he did. Now is the time to find out.