The Mockingbird Fails Me

Warning, this was written to be sad. I hope I have produced the right picture for you doves.

Angelina and I walked into the shop one afternoon, 7 months after the war, expecting to find it in shambles. Instead we found neatness and order. "Hullo?" called Ange.

"Why hello, how can I help you today?" Lee's voice came to us as his jolly face appeared from around a shelf.

"George! How wonderful to see you!" He cried dropping the boxes of products that he had been levitating. He gave Angelina and me huge hugs. "I haven't officially opened to the public yet, as I needed your permission and presence, but I did some cleaning." He explained.

"Thank you Lee." I sighed. "Im sorry that I haven't been in contact with you. You know, I guess I haven't been coping well." He looked at me sympathetically.

"Well I think you'll be fine now, George." said Angelina breaking the silence, "I'll leave you to it, and pick you up at 8?" She asked. I nodded. 

Lee raised his eyebrows. "Are you two together?" 

"No. I mean she wanted to be, but I- I don't know."  I answered as nonchalantly as possible. Lee understood and we got to sorting the products.

"I think if we work till eight we can open tomorrow." I suggested, mood much improved by work. Lee agreed and by 7:30  the store was in working order and ready for business. "I'm going to stay here tonight." I said as I bit into a granola bar.

"I'll stay with you." Lee replied.

"Sure-"

"I'll stay on the couch if you want." He interrupted my answer.

"No, it's fine. Sleep in Fred's bed." I couldn't admit that I would be scared to sleep alone.

"You should tell Ange." He suggested.

"Good idea. Expecto Patronum." I muttered. Nothing happened. "Expecto Patronum!" I repeated louder. Still no mockingbird appeared. "EXPECTO PATRONUM!" a tiny whip of silver exited the tip if my wand. Panic struck me and I screamed "EXPECTO PATRONUM!"much to Lee's chagrin.

I broke down crying in fear and desperation. Lee crossed the room and put an arm around me. "shh," he consoled, "its alright."

"I- I can't do it. Oh, God, Oh god, please help me, I can't do it." I pleaded in prayer. At this point it was all I could do.

"I'll do it." Lee offered. He stood and made a nonverbal raccoon patronus. "Tell the Weasleys that George is staying with me tonight to open the store."