Applejack

Applejack worked hard scrubbing the filthy pig, beads of sweat forming on her brow. Fluttershy worked at her side, trying to keep the squealing animal under control. Applejack kept noticing Fluttershy staring at her, sad eyes sparkling. Applejack kept pretending not to notice until the pig was clean.
"Great job, Fluttershy! Ahm mighty pleased you came to help out at the farm!" she smiled. Fluttershy tossed her mane out of her eye and smiled back, but her eyes kept staring... Applejack felt uncomfortable so she nodded at her friend and headed towards the barn.
"Bye Applejack!" her shy friend called. Applejack could feel her watching her as she went inside.

---

As Applejack sat at the table, munching on some apple slices with bread and applesauce, Applebloom started to speak. As she did so, chunks of gooey apple shot from her mouth.
"Applejack, that Fluttershy comes here a lot... how come? Is she more important than your other friends?"
"Don't speak with your mouth full, sugarcube. No, it's just that she keeps volunteering to help out. No harm in that. She enjoys helping out!" Applejack said, licking some leftover applesauce from her cheek. Granny Smith and Big Mac both looked at each other, eyebrows raised. Applejack noticed.
"Uh... Applebloom, I think it's time for bed, hon. Go on!" she prompted, willing to know what her elders were thinking without the curious filly cutting in to ask questions.
"But Appleja-"
"I'll be up in a minute to tell you a bedtime story. If you do as you're told!" Applejack said, making her sister scarce. Once Applebloom was out of earshot, Applejack turned to her Granny.
"What were you and Big Mac lookin' at each other for? Just curious as to what that look meant." she said.
"Fluttershy... we think she has a little bit of a.. a crush.. have you seen the eyes she makes at you when you're not lookin'? I wouldn't be surprised if I were right!" she croaked. Big Mac nodded in agreement. Applejack stared at them in shock.