18 - Raven

Anger flowing through my veins, I race back to the dropship, hoping that the person is okay and didn't die during the landing. I break through the trees to see the door to the dropship lifted open with Clarke and Finn helping the girl with a gash on her head. I slow down when I reach them, eyes on the darker skinned girl. 

Clarke tears her gaze away from the girl and Finn with a pained expression on her face that she is trying to mask. Her eyes meet mine before they fall to the ground. I creep towards the three of them, noticing that Finn is talking to the girl, like they know each other. They must have been friends or something back on the Ark. 

Finn notices me walk up to the two of them. "This is Wren." He points to me once he has the girl's attention. Finn motions to Clarke beside me. "And Clarke. They were on the dropship, too."

The girl jumps to her feet with a hand pressed to her head. "Clarke? This wall because of your mom."

"My mom?" Clarke asks, surprised.

The girl nods, "This was all her plan. We were trying to come down here together. If we waited- Oh, my god." Her face flashes with several emotions, like she is remembering something important. "We couldn't wait because the council was voting whether to kill three hundred people to save air."

Oh, my god. The Ark has been in chaos since all of us have been sent down to earth. People are going to die.

"When?" Clarke demands.

The girl takes a deep breath. "Today." She runs over to the dropship, searching for something important. "We have to tell them you're alive." She takes a step back, eyes wide. "The radio's gone."

My lips part as I suck in a deep breath. I have to be the one to tell them what Bellamy did. I have to tell them the news. Three hundred people are going to die because of Bellamy's selfish actions. What if my parents are part of that three hundred? I never even saw them. 

"It must've gotten loose during reentry. I should've strapped it to the A-strut. Stupid!" The girl yells out in annoyance at herself.

"No, no!" I step forward with tears beginning to form in my eyes. "Someone got here before us." I turn to Clarke and Finn. "Bellamy did this. He threw it in a river."

All hope drains from their faces. 

The girl marches up to me. "Where is it? Maybe I can still use the parts if it's not too late."

I shake my head. "I-I don't remember. I was just so furious with him. I wasn't fully aware of my surroundings."

Clarke storms past me, headed in the direction that I had come from. She made sure to shoulder check me on her way. I bite down on my tongue, knowing that I probably deserved that. Clarke is thinking that I should have stopped Bellamy. I exhale out of my nose before sprinting off behind Clarke. The girl and Finn chase behind us. 

We couldn't have been running for more than a few minutes before Clarke spotted Bellamy walking through the trees. She races right up to him. 

"Where is it?" Clarke demands.

Bellamy spots me over Clarke's shoulder. "Hey, Princess." He smirks at me. "You taking a walk in the woods?"

I push past Clarke to push against Bellamy's chest, angrily. "The Ark is getting ready to kill three hundred people to save oxygen!" I roughly push him backwards towards a tree. "And I can guarantee you that it won't be council members. It'll be working people."

"Your people."  Clarke steps up to my right side.

"Bellamy." Finn races up to us and shoves his chest. "Where's the radio?"