40 - Rockets

If Bellamy is with Octavia, that means they are both safe and okay. The two of them would do anything for each other, the same as Jasper and I would. 

"There are too many!" Miller shouts to the rest of the camp. He draws back from the wall. "Everybody to the dropship now!" 

"No!" Clarke yells from where she stands on the door of the dropsip. "We need more time." 

I lower my gun for a half a second. "Gunners," I address everyone at the wall. "Stay at your posts. The rest of you, inside."

Clarke nods her head, thankful. "Come on, quick!" She ushers everyone else inside the dropship. 

The shouting outside of the wall grows louder. I return back to the wall, only shooting at the Grounders who get too close. I need to be vigilant of my rounds. 

A loud explosion from the night sky earns everyone's attention. The gunfire and shouting all cease as everyone stops to peer up into the sky. A large piece of the Ark falls through the sky, burning with fire. My mouth falls open in shock. 

"Is that from the Ark?" Someone asks. 

"That is the Ark." Clarke answers. 

Pieces of the Ark split off in the air. Some explodes into a balls of fire. This is not good. If there's anyone still alive on the Ark, there's a terrible chance that most won't survive the landing. 

"They're coming down?" Harper breathes from my left side. 

I shake my head. "Not all of them will live." I tell her with a grim expression. 

Loud, indistinct shouting comes from outside of the walls, more deafening than the yelling from a few minutes ago. This didn't sound, like, the Grounders. This is different. I look back out at the perimeter, surprised to see the Grounders face to face with a different group of people. The image in Lincoln's book flashes to the front of my mind.

"Reapers." I breathe under my breath in realization. 

With the Grounders fighting against the Reapers, my eyes dart to the tunnel that leads to the foxhole Bellamy is in. Why hasn't Octavia and him returned back yet? They should have been right behind Miller and Monroe.

Finn races through the tunnel with a light in his hand to lead the way. I jump down from the platform and race over to where he is hugging Clarke. If he was just on the other side of the tunnel, he should have seen Bellamy. 

"-- you brought the Reapers?" Clarke's voice is filled with shock. ]

"I bought us some time." Finn's hands tightly grip her arms, both staring lovingly in each other's eyes. "How's Raven?"

Clarke shakes her head and leads him closer to the dropship. "She's not good, and the rockets aren't ready yet. Jasper's working on them now." 

Finn hands over the coagulant. "Jasper? What's plan B?"

"Jasper was plan B."

I nearly collide into Finn's side when I reach them. My fingers wrap around his bicep to gain his attention and force him to look in my direction instead of at Clarke. "Where's Bellamy?" I demand to know.

 Clarke runs off with the coagulant to the dropship. 

Finn's eyebrows furrow in confusion as he looks from Clarke to me. "Bellamy?" He looks back over his shoulder at the tunnel. "No, why? Where is he?" 

Fear strikes through my body. The only reasons he wouldn't have seen Bellamy would be if he moved away from the foxhole or if he's...dead. No, Bellamy is strong. He wouldn't go down without a fight.