03- Twin

My being on Earth and still alive buzz quickly extinguishes when I see a crowd forming around the blonde girl and Wells. A boy with dark brown hair that hangs just above his ears is standing near them with a group of people behind him, like he's some kind of leader. Two other boys, one slightly taller than his friend with goggles on top of his head, stand with their backs to me. I jog over to everyone to see what the big deal is.

            "Relax. We're just trying to figure out where we are." Wells tells the group of teenagers that seem to be sending him intimidating glares.

            I cross my arms over my chest, listening to the conversation. I don't like the look of some of those boys, especially the one in the front. We are a group of criminals, but I feel like some are way worse than some of the little crimes that some may have done. There's no need for any fights to break out.

            "We're on the ground." Bellamy states from a few feet away. Octavia stands by his side, which is no surprise. "That's not good enough for you?"

            Wells glances behind him for a second before walking towards them. "We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority."

            Octavia repositions her body to face all of us better. "Screw your father." She sneers at the boy. "What? You think you're in charge here, you and your little Princess?"

            I roll my eyes and walk pass the two boys to stand by the blonde girl. She's one of the few to be thinking smart here. "Do you think we care who's in charge?" I place both of my hand on my waist.

            The blonde girl nods her head in agreement with me. "We need to get to Mount Weather, not because the Chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a twenty mile trek, okay? So, if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now."

            I hold my arms out. "And, I don't see any food waiting for us here, do you?" I ask the siblings. "How long do you suppose you can last before we can find food?"

            "I got a better idea." Bellamy stands his ground by his sister. "You three go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change."

             I snort. "Sure, if you call being locked in a cell for seventeen years and never leaving being priliveged, then I guess I'm priliveged."       

    Octavia crosses her arms over her chest when I start talking. "Who the hell are you and why do you think your opinion is always so relevant?"

            I nearly chuckle at her rude behavior. "I could tell you my name, but I doubt that would do much of a difference. I've never been outside of my cell walls." Everyone just stares at me, all a little curious of who I am and what could have possibly made me stay in a cell my whole life. "Wren Jordan." I give in to their stares.

            Someone behind me gasps before everyone breaks out in hushed whispers. My name is thrown around the area, like a boomerrang. Okay. So, maybe I'm a little more well known then I thought. All around me, I can hear everyone talking about how I'm the illegal child that's been in a cell my whole life.

            I half smile at Octavia. "See? You aren't the only illegal child. So, stop acting like a damn princess that deserves all of this special treatment. We're all the same here." I glance at the blonde girl. "Besides, she's right. We need to go to Mount Weather. Not just the three of us."

            Some people shout back that they aren't going. How do any of these people expect to live down here if none of them are willing to work to get our food? Do they just think it is going to magically appear in front of us?