Chapter 45 : The End

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay?" Carrie finally asked quietly.

She knew this was hard for him but even more so for her.

They had traveled over a thousand miles to attend this funeral and she knew they had made the right decision. She deserved this much, both of them.

And even though Carrie Monroe could not see those eyes she had begun reading so well she could feel his uneasiness, his guilt.

She recalled the day a few months ago when this girl that was gonna be placed six feet under ground had a gun pointed at heart with a promise of death.

"Olivia..." Carrie said slowly. "You don't wanna do this."

Olivia shook her head frantically and fingers locked tightly ready to squeeze but then there was a desperate cry in the distance.

Both heads snapped to the side to see Alex racing towards them like a mad man.

Carrie's heart seemed to become alive again and she took a step towards him without noticing but before the two lovers could be reunited Olivia grabbed her by the arm holding her at gunpoint.

Alex froze feeling his world come crashing down.

"Olivia, put the gun down and let's talk about it." Alex reasoned softly watching the gun at Carrie's temple like a hawk.

Carrie noticed some movements in the distance and her eyes widened significantly when she saw the uniform of a policeman. Hope bloomed inside her but then it dulled again at the feeling of the metal digging into her skin, a cold reminder of the sticky situation she was in.

"Did anyone talk about it with my sister? Huh!" Carrie flinched at the tone of her raised voice and the feeling of her hot, disgusting breath blowing across the skin of her neck.

"I'm sorry." Was all Alex croaked out.

Carrie watched as the boy she loved eyes met hers and spoke all the words he wanted and still haven't yet said to her. She saw a future with him; waking up and seeing his face and falling asleep in his loving embrace.

And as Olivia muttered her last icy cold words, "This is the end Alex." she knew she didn't want to go.

Swallowing down the bile, Carrie thrust her hands forward and then back resulting in her elbow smacking Olivia hardly in the stomach.

The girl's hold loosened and Carrie scrambled as far away from her as possibly and she thought it over when she saw the group of police emerging yelling, "Freeze!" with weapons pointed behind her.

Guess she was wrong because out of nowhere a hand pulled her back and a smack was delivered to her cheek with the gun.

Alex watched on the sidelines with fear and anxiety running through his bones and for the first time his fighting skills had no use.

The police warned Olivia again not wanting to commence firing with Carrie so close in range.

Alex was completely shocked though when a bloodcurdling scream erupted from Carrie and he saw her leap on top of Olivia. The gun in her hands flew a fair distance away and Carrie began straddling her, pumping her fist into Olivia's nose.

Blood rushed from her face and Alex felt pride blossom inside his heart and much relief.

Just when he thought Carrie would ease up she didn't, she kept pounding her fists into Olivia's face, clawing like a vicious and savage animal.