Chapter 32 : Like Beyoncé At The Grammy's

"You made a rebel out of a careless man's careful daughter..."  Taylor Swift

Chapter 32 : Like Beyoncé At The Grammy's

Slowly the words slipped out of Sirina's mouth. "Carrie...you don't have to do this. You and her can talk later." She offered.

She knew that Leona and I hadn't been in the presence of each other alone for quite some time and now that she was calling to 'talk' to me Sirina was concerned.

My heart warmed at this.

I gave her a reassuring smile as I made the clothes I held in my hands fall back into the open suitcase. "It's fine."

She nodded her head but I could see the uncertainty in her eyes as plain as day.

"Wait a second-"

"Sirina, it's okay. I can do this...so don't make a big deal out of something as small as this." I ended as I took a sideways glance at Allison who was listening keenly to our conversation.

She realized the meaning behind my glance, sighed and turned her back to me, silently telling me to go on ahead.

"Now Justin where is she?"

-------------

"Where are you going?" I turned around to see Alex leaning against a door.

When I was passing by I hadn't seen him so I was a little startled by the sound of his voice.

My hands raised to my chest as I jumped around facing him.

"To someone." I answered shortly walking away.

"To that bitch I'm guessing." I heard him say from beside me and I turned to look at him with wide eyes.

"Okay, firstly she's not a- yeah okay maybe she is," I agreed when he raised an eyebrow at me. "Secondly, you can't follow me."

He scoffed. "Who's gonna to stop me? You and what army?"

I looked at him and scowled. "Alex just quit it. I can handle her, I don't need your help."

He walked up, stood in front of my body causing me to stop walking and look up at him.

"She's going to try something. You and I both know this and whatever it is we have no clue. So stop being so difficult and let me help you."

"No." I said sidestepping him.

"Am I speaking some other language you can't comprehend? So why the hell do you always not listen to what I say?" He inquiried in an exasperated tone.

I couldn't help but smile at his question once the only answer came to mind.

"Because being defiant is...refreshing."

------------

"You wanted to see me?" I asked as soon as I stepped into Leona and my dad's bedroom.

I looked around and saw that he was nowhere to be seen. I could've guessed that the moment I stepped inside.

She would never want him present when she's talking to me.

"Yes..." She said slowly walking up to me and I recalled what Alex, who was standing just outside the door, told me to do if she came too close.

I shifted away from her swiftly.

She raised a brow at this looking me up and down.

"Has something happened that I've not been informed about child?"