Chapter 12

*Hope's POV:

I walked into Chili's and sat down in an empty booth. The smell of hot, greasy fries and thick, juicy burgers infiltrated my nose. I ordered a Coke while I waited for Brooklyn to arrive.

Brooklyn and I always meet here every Thursday after school for our weekly 'date'. It was just a time for us to vent and debrief ourselves from all the craziness of that week both at school and at home. We did it on Thursdays because every Friday, at least one of us always had moves so Thursdays it was.

"Hey my little pint-sized margarita," Brooklyn said walking over.

"Hey my sexy piece of dark chocolate," I said back.

She sighed dramatically as she slid into the seat across from me. "Girl all this work has me stressed the f-ck out! I'm just ready for school to be OVER!" she laid her head down on the table.

"I know right," I agreed. "I swear, they do this sh*t on purpose. It's two weeks left and they just now piling all these assignments up on us. Sh*t scressful bruh *Gucci Mane voice*."

We both busted out laughing at the table. The waiter came over with our food and gave us a strange look. I shrugged and started attacking my fries.

"So, how you and Xavi doing?" Brooklyn said. "I swear, y'all are like the Jay-Z and Beyonce' of this school."

I laughed, "True! All I need in this life of sin is me and my boyfriend! Speaking of which, we need to find YOU a boothang," I winked.

"Nahh, I'm not bout that anymore. Clearly, ain't no guys interested in me so I'm just like f-ck it.... I might become a lesbian," she smirked at me.

"Hell no! Not while I'm around!" I laughed. "There has to be SOMEONE you have your eyes on!" 

"Well, there WAS DeMarco," she said, "but I definitely know he's not interested in me. For all I know, he likes you."

My heart stopped. "ME?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes girl! Did you SEE the way he was looking at you the other night?"

On the outside, Brooklyn was all smiles and looked perfectly fine, but as I looked into her deep, copper colored eyes, I could see the pain she was trying so hard to hide. The same pain she tried hiding when DeMarco dumped her to go after me back in sixth grade.

I looked down at the Tiffany charm bracelet Xavi got me a few days ago. It had a locket charm with a picture of us inside and our initials engraved on the back. I stared at the picture—our smiling, carefree faces—not an ounce of pain visible.

All of a sudden, as if something took over me, the gears in my mind shifted and it felt like my mind was cleared. I realized that the guy I should be going after was Xavi.

Forget DeMarco. Xavi was sweet, sensitive, and made me feel like a queen—his queen. He was one of them polite thugs—the type to hold the door open for you, then smack your ass as you walk in. I knew Xavi genuinely cared about me. You could see it in his eyes whenever he was with me. It felt like all my worries and fears about my parents and school melted away whenever I was with him.

What the hell was I doing waisting my time with DeMarco. Our relationship only consisted of sex anyways. Ever since the other night, that's all we've been doing. We barely even talk anymore. It's like as soon as he comes over, he's looking to get some. Sh*t erky as f-ck.

I couldn't stand to see my bestfriend with someone like that. Brooklyn deserved better. But I wasn't helping either by dating him. I have to break things off with DeMarco. Xavi is the one I truly cared about and he's the one I really wanted to be with. I can't be split between two people. First of all, it's hard keeping up and secondly, I just don't know how I can deal with this guilt any longer. 

"DeMarco would be BEYOND lucky to have a girl like you," I smiled at Brooklyn.

Brooklyn smiled back at me. The pain in her eyes seemed to disappear and was replaced with the same sparkle that was there before.

"In fact, I'll text him right now," I said pulling out my phone.

Me: Are you available Saturday? We need to talk.

I was breaking things off with DeMarco before everything got out of hand. I wasn't having this sh*t no more. Xavi don't deserve this and DeMarco sure as hell don't deserve me. We're over. DONE. From now on, it's just me and Xavi against this crazy hell of a world.

************************************************************************************************************

*A/N:

Sorry for such a short chapter =(

So, it looks like Hope finally got her head together. :)

-DO Y'ALL THINK BROOKLYN WILL GET WITH DEMARCO? SHOULD THEY?

Btw, some people were confused on how to pronounce Xavi's name. It's ZA-vi. Yeaaaaa, just to clear it up. 

Love y'all. !

COMMENT AND VOTE

Happy Reading :)