Chapter 3

"It's alriiiiiiiiight, I'm not dangerous!

When you're miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine, I'll be generous!
You're irreplaceableeee!
A collectible. Just like fineeeeee china!"

I woke up out of my sleep to hear my cellphone blaring the tune of Fine China by Chris Brown. I sleepily reach over on my nightstand to pick it up.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Girrrrllllaaaaaaa!" my bestfriend Brooklyn (picture on right) shrieks on the other line. Only she would call me at eight in the morning screaming on the other line like Trey Songz just stripped for her. Does she not know it is too early for all this?

"Yes B?" I say still half asleep.

"You were supposed to be here TWENTY minutes ago!"

Oh snap! I forgot I was supposed to go look for an outfit with Brooklyn for that party coming up next Saturday. That party boutta be fye! Brian Laurence, the most popular guy at our school, is throwing this hugeeeee party and EVERYONE who is considered "somebody" at my school is gonna be there. That party boutta be live. Me and Brooklyn can't afford to miss it.

"Oops, I'll be there asap," I replied.

"Rocky!" Brooklyn says dying from laughter. I swear, she is SUCH a cornball. 

I get out of bed and a sharp pain rises in my right calf. I instantly fall to the floor and look straight ahead at the bandages still wrapped around my leg. Frightened about the sight of the impeccable amount of blood about to be revealed, I slowly take of the bandage squinting my eyes but desperate to see how bad the cut was. 

It's a small wound about four inches long and it doesn't look too deep. Most of the blood had dried up so I get some paper towels from my bathroom and wrap them around my leg with some tape (I know--super ghetto). We don't have any medical supplies at the house and if I ask, my grandma gon start asking questions which I do not need at the moment.

In order to hide the cut from my grandma, I need to wear some long pants even though it's hot as hell out there. I grab my red Adidas track pants, a white tank top, and my Nike slides and examine myself in the mirror. I start to brush out my hair but then decide to put my tight, unruly curls into a messy bun instead. I grab a Capri Sun and a pop-tart out the kitchen and start walking up the street to Brooklyn's house.

The minute I step onto her driveway, she comes running out the house and tackles me into a ginourmous bear hug. You would think she hadn't seen me in years, when in reality, we just saw each other two days ago.

"Hey bitch," I gave her a dap. Then she started dragging me to her mom's cherry red Range Rover.

My best friend looked goooooooodddd. She was wearing turquoise high-rise shorts, a tribal print top, and her Grape 5's. Her long, chestnut hair cascaded elegantly down her back. And the sun seemed to bounce right off her skin perfectly. Beyonce started playing in my head, "If I were a boyyyy...."

"We're hereeee!" she screeches. I quickly snap out of my thoughts and realize we finally arrived at the mall.

"Girl let's go!" I got out the car and start walking into the mall. My cellphone vibrates in my pocket and I look down to find a text from my grandma saying she was gonna be at bingo til 12 that night...as usual.

Completely oblivious to my surroundings, I walk right into someone standing in front of me. My phone clatters to the floor and a shot of pain bursts through my already injured leg. I scream in pain. Brooklyn hurries inside to come help me up.

"Are you okay?" she says.

"Yeah"

"I'm so sorry," another voice replies. I look up and instantly fall into the most beautiful pair of hazel eyes I have ever seen in my life. I take a second look and realize it's him.

"Oh, it's you," I retort. Of course. Xavi WOULD be the one to not be paying attention to where he's going and trip up innocent chicks like me in the mall. There was all this room for him to be able to be like "swerve!" and avoid me but nooooooo, he just had to run straight into me. I'm already still pissed at him for yesterday.

"Look shawty, I said I was--"

"SHAWTY?! Boy, I ain't your shawty! Wahh you think this is?!" Ain't no boy gon call me anything (shawty, ma, hoe, etc.) besides my first name Hope or my nickname Lala. The hell? That's what I can't stand with boys nowadays. They just too damn disrespectful. 

"I'm sorry. Okay? I am sorry Hope. Just accept the apology. You ain't always gotta put a mean front on. I know you gotta soft spot inside of you." He starts to poke me and it tickles which causes me to crack a smile.

************************************************************************************************************

*Xavi's POV: 

I'm already mad about what happened last night. There was no need for that man to be coming up in the restaraunt throwing a temper tantrum all cuss he ain't get the loud he wanted. He could have busted me, Marcus, and K'eion's asses for nothing.

Suddenly, I bump into someone and a scream of pain reverberates through the air. I reach down to help her up and notice it's her again. Her friend rushes from behind her and helps her up onto the bench lining the walkway. 

"I'm so sorry," I apologize. I'm especially sorry because I realize the reason she was screamin in pain was because of her leg. It probably hurts like hell still. 

"Oh it's you," she replies. Well damn! I try to apologize and this bitch pays me back in rudeness.

"Look shawty, I just said I was--"

"SHAWTY! Boy I ain't your shawty!" Damn, this girl was fiesty. I'm finding it kind of sexy how she gets so mad at the littlest things.

"I'm sorry. Okay? I am sorry HOPE," I emphasize her name since she don't like being called nothin else. "Just accept the apology. You ain't always gotta put a mean front on. I know you gotta soft spot inside of you." I start poking her which makes a small smile start to creep up on her face. Her smile was beautiful. Made a nigga go weak in the knees. Them dimples had me likeeeee..... Oh lawdy, lawdy, lawd! And once again, them lips! They looked like two big pink pillows on her face. Ooooo, I just wanted to dive in!

SNAP! I look ahead and see two fingers snapping in front of my face. "Hello? Mr. Daydreamerrr?" she said laughing. Yes! I finally got her to lighten up.

"I ain't daydreaming, smchh! I just was uhhh...nevermind."

A puzzled look comes on her face but quickly vanishes. Her friend begs her to come on and she gets up to leave.

"Goodbye," she waves. I stare at her as she walks away. I like her attitude. Fiesty yet fun. I always liked a woman who could stand up for herself, which many girls are scared to do nowadays. They just let their boyfriends push them around and whatnot. I need a girl who knows how to stand her ground and speak her mind.

But I ain't interested in Hope or nothing. Xavi does not get attached to girls. It just doesn't happen. Never has, never will. I just wanna get to know her better.

But something just pulls me to her and I don't know what it is.

************************************************************************************************************

A/N: Okay, soooo I'll try and update every week. Probably even sooner. Especially with summer here because that means free time galore! Trust me, I'm as addicted to this book as you guys are. I can't stop writing!

Leave in the comments what you think is gonna happen.