Chapter Three; Worried

Start from the beginning

I looked around for any site of other maids or guards before I leaned in and whispered to her.

"Where is the prison?"

She shrugged. "Think of this place like a castle, all prisons in a castle are....."

This is a castle....

"In the basement!" I accidentally blurted out.

"Shhh..." She rolled her eyes.

I nodded and started to wandered off down the hall where she had came running at me.

"Phoenix where are you going?" She spoke in a stage whisper.

"I don't know all I know it beats just standing around. It not like the prison can find us."

She ambled over to me. "I'm coming with you."

"Ok but, let's split up and try to cover this whole place.... We will report back to..."

I tried to think of a safe place for us to meet. To be honest what place is safe anymore?

"We will meet in the garden." I smiled.

"I'm down with that." She grinned and turned on her heels to head the other way.

My feelings were mixed for Chester and his sister. They just both seem to be in trouble and I'm always the only one who can solve it. This deal I did with Axel was supposed to keep Chester safe however Chester just wouldn't accept it.

I hadn't noticed but, I ended up stumbling onto the dinning room. No one sat in the hand crafted wooden chairs, the table cloths cleaned from any stains with a bouquet of flowers sitting in the middle.

Strangely prefect....

"Phoenix?" Someone asked from behind me.

I turned to see a guard in uniform, he looked down at me with curious eyes.

"Why are you out of bed so early?" He wondered.

"I don't want to waste my days in bed.... I've done that before." I said dryly.

Plus that wasn't as bad as Jackson's bite.

"Well Axel suggests that you stay in bed until your headache is gone."

How does he know...

"Explained by your confused face, Once a wolf bites you. They gain the ability to feel or know what their mate is thinking." He told me.

Does that mean Jackson has been......

"How does Axel know about me!" I asked suddenly, changing the subject. "I mean, he had to know I was alive to be able to send Chester to me."

Just the thought of Jackson inside of my mind gave me the chills.

The guard scratched his bearded chin. "You're going to have to ask him."

I rolled my eyes. "Just tell me."

"I'm sorry your highness but, he never told anyone how he knew about your existence."