15. The blood that keeps me alive

Sorin's POV

Daciana's face was more than painful as I told her how her grandmother had really died. An innocent woman handed down to the vampires to be eaten alive.
How grotesque.

The girl's eyes were wide in shock, in fear, in sadness...in practically everything you could imagine. It wasn't our fault...The vampires did not want to feed on Dacia Lupu.

Why would we?

Dacia Lupu had been our savior. She had protected us and gave us freedom with the promise of not feeding around wildly. We tried to keep our promise...but another woman was unable to even let us keep it. Dacia Lupu...the first blood I ever tasted without being a vampire yet. Still, I remembered that despite being a human at the time, her blood had a sweet scent and smell. It was something out of this world...it was the same smell that was emitted from Daciana that night.

Could she be the reincarnation of that woman?

[Flashback]

Dacia Lupu was brought to our coven one night. Her reddish hair was all messed up and her mismatched eyes looked at us filled with rage and pain. She could have transformed into a werewolf...but she didn't even dare. Penelope Lupu had a cloak on, but of course I knew who she was.

-"I've brought you a little gift. Please accept it as a symbol of peace amongst us"- she said as she kicked Dacia Lupu forward.

Her porcelain like skin all covered with scratches and bruises. Her hands were tied up with ropes and a silver ring on one of her fingers that must've been hurting like hell...

-"This isn't part of our Peace Treaty. We are not feeding on her"- I remember what my recently turned into vampire mother said.

-"Fine. If you won't do it. Have the boy drink her blood"- said Penelope as she pointed down at me.

Dacia's eyes grew wide opened as she looked up at me shocked. After all, she knew I was a human kid. I did not drink blood. How would I even do such a weird thing?

-"Please! Let that child alone! He has nothing to do with this!"- pleaded Dacia.

Penelope's followers all pointed at my family with wooden stakes. They were surrounded. Those people had come well prepared to kill either vampires, humans or even werewolves. Then, Penelope walked towards me as she crouched down to my level and held my chin between her hands forcing me to look at her.

-"Do it, or I shall behead them all, rip their hearts out if they have any and burn them all in before your eyes while I keep you tied up and crying our for them. Its just a little bit of blood"- she said with a wicked smile on her face.

Penelope stood up as she took out a small glass bottle out and then a knife. She walked towards Dacia Lupu and made a small wound on her wrist. I heard Dacia cry out in pain as she slowly filled in the bottle with the blood. She closed the bottle and shook a bit the blood. Penelope pulled me by the arm and threw me in front of Dacia...Her eyes still filled with pain as she held me close to her. She whispered something in my ear and then Penelope forces me to drink the blood from Dacia's wrist. With tears in my eyes, I drank her blood. It had such a sweet taste and smell that I was even shocked that I even liked it at some point.

After that I pulled away as Dacia looked at me with tear filled eyes and a wryly smile. She nodded and then my mother ran towards us pushed me aside while shaking uncontrollably.