15: "You Need To Leave."

_____________________________________________________

When I opened my eyes, I wasn't expecting a strong stubble jaw and the mouth of a God to be in my line of vision. I definitely wasn't expecting my head to be rested on a hard strong chest. I sure as hell wasn't expecting my leg to be swung across his waist in a tangle of sheets.

And I friggin' wasn't expecting his hand to lazily be gripping my bare thigh.

After a moment, my mind started to register the situation and I groaned. Damn him. Why was he still here? Why am I happy he didn't leave even though I'd told him to?

He shifted under me.

I moved my hand up his chest, past his neck and to his cheek...

Then I slapped. Twice.

He groaned. "Yes?"

Oh, Jesus.

His voice was husky and deep from not being used. It made his chest vibrate. My ear tickled and I sighed. It was too early I was sure...

"I told you to leave when it stopped raining." I mumbled.

He turned sideways so his mesmerizing eyes were at level with mine. He kept my leg draped over his waist with his hand.

"It didn't stop raining."

I tried to get up to look but he stopped me. "Can we go back to sleep now?"

As much as I wanted to, we couldn't. It was daylight now and if he's seen leaving the house on a Sunday, I wouldn't know what people would think. And what if Laura or Damien or Lucas saw him leaving?

"No, we cannot go back to sleep. You were supposed to be gone before everyone woke up."

"Its six-thirty in the morning give me some time, Evangeline. It's too early to argue."

"Arguing is the only thing keeping my mind straight."

He shut his eyes and rested his forehead against mine. He didn't understand what he was doing to me.

"From what?" He wondered.

"A number of things."

"Name a few."

"I'd rather not."

"I'm not moving until you say at least one." His large hand tightened on my leg and I parted my lips.

"That, for example, is distracting."

"What?" His hand slowly grazed up my thigh. "This?"

"Reeves." I sighed out.

My mind wasn't coherent enough to work so early in the morning. Why I even woke up so early, was beyond questionable. 

I glanced at his lips. What I would give to have his lips on mine or his bottom lip between my teeth...

Keep it together, Evie.

"Technically," He started as his fingers crept toward my tank top. "You can make your own decisions. Me being here isn't... Wrong. Is it?"

I nodded not able to form words. My attention was on the hand playing with a loose thread on my top.

He chuckled at my answer and sighed. His eyes turned serious a moment and he said, "Damn, I shouldn't be here."

"Oh, I know." He just contradicted himself but okay. "Do you have classes today?" I asked trying to defuse this ticking time bomb. I grabbed his hand at my top and moved it to his side.