Mates?

My vision altered and this time Rhysand was staring straight at me.

Staring at me dressed in a gauzy white dress...

I leaned causally against the doorway as I took her in. My mouth went dry at the very sight of her. The way the paint swirls covered her body, just begging to be smudged everywhere. She was furious and it only excited me more. I allowed my gaze to wander hungrily over her. Her slim and shapely legs were all but exposed to the fresh night air. My eyes trailed greedily upwards as I took in the shape of her delicate waist, and lovely round breasts just visible through the flimsy gauze gown. I swallowed down a groan that was all but threatening to escape from my lips. I had intended for her to look this good. To flaunt her lovely sensual body before Amarantha and Tamlin. To make Tamlin's blood boil in rage. To fight back at Amarantha and show that she may force me to be with her, but she could never make me look at her with the lustful hunger that my eyes now held as they devoured Feyre.

The image changed.

"Drink" I forced her hand to obey. To raise the faerie wine up to those soft, lush tantalising lips. I felt guilty. I may not be the perfect gentlemen but I preferred my lovers willing and revelling in my expert administrations. I didn't have a choice. Not when there was a human beneath the mountain! Most of us had not seen a human in over a century and there were too many that still missed the sport that they once had on their own human slaves. I needed to make it clear that she was my plaything and only mine. That they could enjoy her suffering but only through my sport.

The effect of the wine was instant on her weak mortal body. Her mind became incredibly pliable while she was in this state, prone to even my slightest suggestion and whim. "Dance for me" I urged her. I sat transfixed as those curves and her soft skin brushed up against me. I had intended for her to dance sensually but I was shocked at the way she able to move, swaying, rolling her hips at me, softly brushing the tips of her breasts against me. I was ginning at her like a maniac. So was the rest of the court but for reasons other than my own. As if sensing my weakness she moved even closer, dancing between my legs, staring straight into my eyes with that delicious defiant stare. I knew her mind was elsewhere, blissfully ignorant of what she was doing. Even so, I made sure only to touch her waist and arms. I stood, dancing with her, holding her body as she pressed against me and teasingly moved away. It was maddening. I glanced up to see Aramantha's dead cold stare and knew it was probably enough of a show for now. She would punish me later, but for now I had this irresistible pet to come and sit on my lap and to hold. Mine. something deep within me growled.

The image changed.

She is lying in the crook on my arm. Her soft skin brushed up against mine, her legs tangled with my own. She fidgets to move and even though I've promised myself I won't touch her my hand moves of its own accord, softly stroking grazing her body until I come to her knee and pull it up onto me, hugging her body against mine. I breathe her in, enjoying the warm woodland smell and the floral flavours of the garden she likes to visit. She nuzzles into my shoulder and I can smell how my touch causes her to react. How much she craves my mouth on her lips, her breasts, everywhere.

Cauldron help me, I don't know if I can behave around her much longer. I want her so badly. Luckily she speaks out loud, holding my wild and fanciful thoughts at bay.

"Rhys..." the way she says my name, so intimately, makes me want to kiss her soft inviting lips.

I tighten my arms around her. Unable to explain all of the feelings washing over me. In all of the many lovers I had taken I had never once experienced this deep contentment and longing in the arms of another.

But I want to stay... her words cause my heart to flutter wildly in my chest. She wants me too. Not just because she is sad and broken, but because she is starting to feel it too. I desperately want her to feel our bond deeply within her, like I now do every waking moment. I can't risk ruining that but I also can't let this go on much longer or I won't be able to stop myself from taking her. Especially when she runs her nose along my neck and her warm soft lips kiss my neck. Desire floods me and all I can do is concentrate on my breathing. Unfortunately as I breathe in her scent I can tell she wouldn't stop me if I tried. But I don't want to do anything that I will deeply regret.

Mine, she projects softly across our bond and it almost shatters me.

She was mine, wholly and completely. Mine before the sun and the moon and the stars. Mine before even time began. This was inevitable. Everything had been leading to this moment, ever since I healed her and set into motion the events that would lead her to become a High Fae.

She was regal, resourceful, proud, playful and fierce. She was everything I could ever want or hope for.

My perfect lovely mate.

I only hoped she would realise it too, and soon. For as much as I was currently controlling my raging desires I couldn't do it for much longer.

Especially when Calanmai was next month.

I had to perform the rite.

The magic would force me to choose and I would always choose her.

I let out a soft moan of frustration. She was killing me. I knew that if she was anywhere within the Night Court during Calanmai I would find her and claim her. If she didn't want that to happen then she must not come with me next time.

The world materialised around me and I sat panting as Rhysand's wild desire flooded and pulsed over me. 

Longing and heat burnt through every inch of me. I shakily looked down at the letter again. It was finished.

The letter wasn't signed

Only three little words stood out on their own at the very bottom of the page.

I want you.