Chapter 13:Sleeping Beauty

They came and started working on Todd. I watched, hoping he would be fine. Then i remembered something. "Derien?" "Hm?" I turned to face him, and he was levitating a spider in front of my face. I screamed and jumped back. He laughed and set it back in a container, which shrunk after it closed and he put it in his pocket. I glared at him, then walked over to the bed and sat on it. "Im staying on the other side of the room now." He shrugged. "So what were you going to ask me?" "Well, i was just wondering, why did you call me young one, back when we first met?"

He shrugged again and took out another little box. "It sounded cool." I facepalmed as he took out a snake. "Now that that little matter is solved, i think i need to ask you a question." I looked back up at him. "Ask away." "You were so stuttery and shy when we met, what happened?" I shrugged. "The fact that this is all just a dream." He groaned. "This isnt a dream. You have to understand this!" I shook my head. "Nope. This is a dream. A very long dream. Nightmare really. In the morning, i'll wake up. Todd will be asleep in my lab again, Jade will still be a........... a b-......... you know what i mean." "Wow, you're nice enough not to say that. Even after everything she had done to you, after how mean and rude she is?" I nodded. "I know she can be good. Its like the Yin Yang thing. One cannot be, without the other. Good has a little evil, and evil has a little good."

He started walking over and i shrank back, away from the snake. "So-" "Put that thing away!" He did so and shoved the small box in his pocket again. "So, does that mean you have a little evil in you?" "What?" He sat beside me. "The whole time i've been with you, you were nothing but good. Even when the elements air and water frustrated you. Even when Jade was getting on your nerves. So tell me, does this mean you have a little evil in you?" "Well....." I thought about it. "Yes, it does make sense. Logicaly speaking you could actu-"

Crysta cleared her throat. We looked over. "He has a very strong charm on him. Sort of, a sleeping beauty charm, remember the humans story? Or-" She giggled. "Muggle story?" I looked over at Derien as he groaned. "Enough with the Harry Potter stuff! We arent English, we dont call them muggles. We're american, we call them Ekki's." "Why?" "It sounds-" "Cooler. But isn that Icelandic?" He nodded. "Anyways, the Ekki story. Sleeping Beauty right? The one where true loves kiss breaks a sleeping spell?" She nodded.

"We could have easily used the love lipstick, but we seem to have ahem run out. Candi just went to get the ingredients to make it, it'll take a few days though, are you guys ok with that?" "Im fine. How about you, Juliet?" I fidgeted a little. "I-I guess. But he is ok, right?" She nodded. "Perfectly healthy, hear rate is normal, i just gave him some food." "How?" "Magic." With that, she left. "Magic?" "The healers dont tell anyone besides their apprentices their magical secrets." "Oh....." I laid back on the bed as he sat beside me.

I thought for a minute or so. "Derien?" "Yeah?" I sat back up and looked at him. "Who exactly is Harry Potter?" Then he burst out laughing.