Working With Water

After almost destroying everyone in the Arena with some wind storms, we decided to go elsewhere to practice water. "Sooo...... somewhere with actual water?" He nodded as we walked down the hall. "A teleportation line goes down by a beach in Florida. It'll be safe in the early morning. No mage would dare go near so many people." "People?" "We'll be practicing a little ways away, but even the Mages arent stupid enough to go near a place with so much of a crowd."

I nodded as he pulled me towards him and our surroundings disappeared, and a dark beach was in front of us. "What time is it?" "Early in the morning. Very early." I nodded.

"So, teach me the ways of 'magical' water." I was still convinced that this was either a dream or really good special effects. "You sound so excited." "Yeah, what are we learning first, making a whirlpool? Water-whip? Oh, i know, how about flash-freeze?" "Oooor, how about make a wave?" I shrugged. "That works too." "Ok, now, come on." He started taking his shirt off and i backed away. He threw it to the side, looked over at me and smiled.

"Relax, we're going into the water." "Oh, no. I don't swim." "Just knee deep." "But its cold." He crossed his arms. "Whats your real reason?" "No, no reason." He raised an eyebrow and i sighed. "I've never been swimming, or half-naked for that matter." "Well....... You can use my t-shirt if you're that shy. I can always just get another one." "Are you sure?" He nodded. "Thanks."

He threw me his shirt and i hid behind a rock while i changed. It was already weird not wearing my lab coat, but now i was only wearing a very large shirt over just my underwear. Not that Darien is pompous, but i was small and he was tall.

I walked out and threw my clothes where he threw his pants, blushing a little when i looked at him only in his underwear. Then i focused again. "Ok, now what?" "This." He moved his hands from out to sea to the shore. A wave crashed onto the sand He looked up at me, smiling. "Yeah, well that's nothing. You just timed that really well." "Well, you try then." "Fine," I started doing the same as he did. "But this isn't going to-" The wave crashed as i pulled back to the shore. "It worked!" I hugged him.

We fell into the water. He came up sputtering. "What ever happened to 'this is garbage'?" "I didn't say that. Did i say that?" I smiled at realized i was on him. I got up quickly and smoothed out my shirt, now see-through, but right now i didn't care.

"Ok, you got that one pretty easily. Now, lets try lifting the water." "Lifting it? Like, in the air lifting it?" He nodded, making his hands so they were fingertip to fingertip. He breathed deeply and lifted his hands up, the water following his hands like a magnet. He dropped it and looked over at me. "Close your mouth. We wouldn't want salt water to get in there, now would we." I shut my mouth, not even knowing that i had it open.

"Well, you have telekinesis. I don't." "True, i could have don't it without the breathing or the proper stance, but i did so you could copy me." I nodded, trying to get in the same position. He came over. "Elbows out more. Legs wider apart." He pulled a leg out and knocked my elbows out. "There, now try."

I did as he did, it raised wobbly for a few seconds, and splashed back down. "See!" "Ok, relax. Just calm down. You need to be the water-" "How can i 'be' the water. I mean, i know we're mainly water, but how can i 'be' water. That's just silly." "I mean, be like water. Adaptable to change. Loose and free, yet strong and-" "Ok, ok, i get it." "Maybe we should meditate." "Uh, no, im fine." "I wasnt asking. Get over here." I folded my arms.

"No." "Get over here!" "No." "Meditate. Over. Here. Now." He waved his hand towards himself and i flung through the air and landed across his shoulders. "Cheater." "Yup, now lets go meditate." He started carrying me to shore and i banged on his back. "You arent very strong." I blushed and kept hitting. "Look what the cat dragged in. Hey cat, why'd you catch that stupid fish?" I was put down and looked over to see Luke and Jade.

"Jade." "Fish." "Im not a fish-" "Oh, im sorry. Nerd fish." "What are you doing here, Luke? Pri- ahem- Jade is supposed to be training with fire at the Arena." "She got bored and forced me to the beach." "Yeah, seems we were to late to miss the," She looked me up and down. "Losers. Nice shirt. You can hardly see your hideous form." "Jade! Stop it." "Make me bi-" "Jade!" Luke put a hand on her shoulder. She looked back at him, then back at us and rolled her eyes. "Whatever, im going to find a spot with a better view. Come on Luke." She pulled Luke along behind her and they left.

"On that happy note." He turned to me again. "Meditation time." He smiled and i frowned at him. "I dont want to." "Come on." "No." "Why?" "I find sitting there, eyes closed, crosslegged, spouting wierd noises, is pointless." "Then you've been doing it wrong." "What?" "You have to imagine." I sighed and turned away from him. "Sit." I was pulled down to the ground, and i couldnt get up from sitting. I looked back at him. "Cheater, cheater-" "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now, lets get started." "Meditating teachs patience, and helps the memory. It calms you and clears your head. It helps you focus, and get more energized."

"So how do i do it so it will do that?" "Here." He walked over and sat in front of me. "Sit crosslegged." I did. "Ok, now...." We kept working on meditating most of the morning.