[*]

I gasp and open my eye's. I sit up and notice I'm in the back of an ambulance. 

My head aches and I reach up to feel a huge goose egg on the side of my head. I immediately wince when I touch it. 

What the fuck happened? 

I swing my legs over the side of the bed and stand up. Nothing hurts but my head so this is a good sign. I feel like I have a hangover from hell.

Nothing seems to be broken, as I pat my legs and arms over. I thought surely I would have more than a bump on my head. 

I jump as an EMT opens the door. He is on older looking man. He stands there in shock as soon as he see's me standing.

"Ms. Stokes you shouldn't be getting up." He looks like he's seen a ghost.

"I'm fine, my head hurts that's all." I say. "Are you okay?" 

He looks like he is getting paler by the minute.

"You were dead. Your heart stopped, you had no pulse. We finally managed to get your heart to start beating again five minutes ago." I look at the man in shock.

So I actually was dead for a moment.

"How can I almost die from a little hit to the head?" I ask bewildered.

"With a hit like you had, I don't know how your even awake, let alone alive to be honest. We didn't think you were going to wake up... For a long time..." I stare at him wide eyed.

"Just let me out of this damn ambulance please and let them know I'm alive and kicking!" I snap. He slowly nods and agrees. 

He recommends that I go to the hospital to be looked at after giving me some heavy duty pain pills. I take one instantly.

 I have no doubt Ryan will make me go get checked out before we leave for home. 

Where is he? I begin to wonder.

He wouldn't leave me like this would he?

I walk out to the arena and bull riding is still going on. Ryan is no where to be seen. 

I decide to go back and see if he's with Rebel. Sure enough he's there, sitting in the corner of the stall. He is crying? I can hear his sobs as I open the door.

"Leave!" He growls.

"No!" I reply. His head shoots up to meet my eyes.

"Alaina?" He gasps getting to his feet, grabbing me tightly in his arms as if I will disappear.

"Sshh.. It's okay. I'm here." I whisper rubbing his back.

"You were dead, Alaina. I saw you... I fucking saw you!" He sniffs. "They were shocking you, your heart stopped... I-I just couldn't watch it. I couldn't watch you die... I thought I'd lost you." He sobs.

"Never. I'm not going anywhere." I reassure him and caress his cheek in my hand.

"Please don't leave me. Please. I lost you twice now, I can't do it again." He begs.

"I promise. I won't leave." He put my hands in his and kisses me.

"I love you, Alaina. So much." He says putting his forehead against mine.

"I love you too." I smile at him. "So, how did I score?" I giggle trying to break the sad mood. He just chuckles and puts his nose in my hair, inhaling deeply as he tries to relax.