Though Dewkit seemed to pick up her demeanor, he shrugged it off. "Anyways, let's get back to camp—"

"No!" Ravenkit suddenly cut off. "You go back. I want to explore!" Quickly, she scrambled to her paws, regaining her balance. For a moment, she was mad at Dewkit for being so annoying, until she saw a long thin, light scratch running down his side. "Oh StarClan! What happened to you?" she exclaimed, suddenly worried.

"What do you mean?" he asked. Her eyes stared at the scratch and he finally got the hint to turn around. Once he spotted his scratch, he said, "Oh yeah, that. I got it from climbing out the tunnel. It's no big deal, really."

"You'd better clean it up," Ravenkit said. "What if it gets infected?"

"Small cuts like this can't get infected," Dewkit objected. "What are you, the medicine cat?"

Ravenkit flared. "No, I'm just trying to help!"

He sighed and looked around the trees. "Help me find a cobweb or something so I can patch it up." She gave him a confused glance, so he explained, "I noticed how Sweetheart puts cobwebs to close up cuts, so I think it's worth a try."

"Oh, that's right!" she mewed, remembering seeing that on a few cats due to the Dark Battle when she was really young. They began to pad through the forest as they searched around the trees and hollows. "I wish I knew where to find it, though . . ."

"It could be anywhere, right?" Dewkit's eyes looked within a small den dug under an elm. "Oh, wait! I see some!" He stuck his head through the small opening as he looked around. Ravenkit watched. Finally, his head emerged from the hole once more with his nose scrunched up in disgust, though a wad of cobwebs hung from his mouth. After spitting out the cobwebs, he said, "The stench in there is terrible! I wonder if that's a fox den."

"Wow," Ravenkit gasped. "Do you think we'll see an actual fox?" Her mind suddenly whizzed with excitement as her thoughts wandered off. She imagined the fox coming here to find them . . . but she'd leap up and fight it off! When she returned to MoonClan with the fox's pelt dragging behind her, Icestar would have to make her a warrior! Only that it wouldn't happen.

"We have cobwebs, so let's get out of here," mumbled Dewkit. "Foxes are scary. Haven't you seen the wounds Sharpfang showed us?"

"They're no worse than a cat," retorted Ravenkit, "because Icestar's scars were caused by cat claws, not fox claws. That obviously means that we'd be stronger than the fox."

Dewkit rolled his eyes and began to trot away with the wad of cobwebs. Ravenkit raced after him, a bit disappointed. She'd hoped that he would stay, but it's probably for the best that they went somewhere else to tend to Dewkit's wounds.

Once they had gotten far enough from the fox den, the territory was now unfamiliar. Though Ravenkit wasn't afraid, she was eager to see what the forest had in store for her. As long as I get back to camp before Icestar and Silverleaf, I'll be fine, she reassured herself.

Dewkit sat himself in front of a bush with tiny budding leaves on its branches. She followed and sat beside him, licking his wound clean. "I'll help," she said between licks. "I don't think you'll be able to reach back here anyway."

"Thanks," said Dewkit. Then, he took a deep breath. "I feel that I'm going to get in trouble for my wound. Silverleaf is gonna question why I have it—"

"Tell her to you tripped on a thorn."

"—but then she'll be mad that I didn't go to Sweetheart to tend to it."