Quidditch

It was the end of November now and it was getting quite cold. The autumn leaves were gone and were replaced by bitter wind and rain. Today was an exception. Although it was chilly the sky was clear. Down in the field the atmosphere was rapturous. The stands were hopping with the throng of students that filled them. A mixture of blue and brown with silver and green washed trough the stands. Flags and scarves were waving at the two teams. I looked down to see Draco and the rest of the Slytherin team huddled together. He looked up and caught my eye for a moment and smiled at me. I waved back and grinned. I was the girlfriend of the Slytherin seeker. Alicia was on one side of me and Sylvia was on the other. She spotted the exchange and nudged me. She giggled and prodded me for details. I just told her I liked him a lot and he was a nice person despite how he treated some people. I looked over at Alicia who was watching one of the Slytherin players intently. I traced her line of sight and fell on none other than Draco himself. She quickly realised what I was doing and averted her gaze to Crabbe and Goyle. These were the beaters. I was amazed their brooms could keep them air borne. No offense but they were Huge. They ate more for breakfast than I would eat in a day.

The sound of the whistle pierced my thoughts and I was brought back to the game. They had just kicked off and the balls had been released. Maria Mason a Ravenclaw chaser scored first. The Ravenclaws exploded with cheers. The Slytherins had the Quaffle now and were making their way down the field at an enormous speed. The bell rang to announce Slytherins first score. Suddenly I spotted a Bludger heading for Draco. I screamed at him at the top if my voice to dodge it. It just about missed him and Goyle hit it in the opposite direction. I thanked god that it hadn't hit him. Slytherin scored again before Madame hooch blew the whistle for half time. The teams huddled together for a pep talk. I ran down to the field, despite protests from people, to see Draco. I told him about the bludger and hugged him tightly. I looked up to see Dumbledore smiling with a twinkle in his eye. Then I heard "aww poor little drakie, did you nearly get hurt" I whirled around to see who had insulted him. "Shut up, you slimy git" I spat at Jeremy Thompson, a cocky seventh year.The Slytherin within me was really showing now. "ooh she's feisty too, I like it" he winked. arrogant prick. I kissed Draco and wished him luck. When I reached the stands again Sylvia asked me "what did Thompson want anyway?" I shuddered and said "he was just being a prick as usual, I suppose he can't help it" I said pretending to feel sorry for him. Sylvia smirked. I knew how to take care of myself.

The whistle sounded again and they launched into the air again. Draco whizzed past our stand and winked at me. I felt myself go weak just thinking about him. I am a strong girl but Draco seems to be the exception that turns me into mush. Ravenclaw scored a few times but Slytherin kept the lead. Suddenly I saw a tiny flash of gold. The snitch! It whizzed past Greg's head. He was too busy looking at a girl to notice it at first. Then he saw Draco picking up speed. He finally saw it and his broom shot through the air. He reached out his hand to grab the snitch. His fingertips were a millimeter away from it. He reached out a little further. I held my breath. I really wanted Slytherin to win. I wanted to have a party tonight. I wanted to see Draco catch the snitch. I closed my eyes I couldn't look any longer. I couldn't watch as great Slytherin got beaten by Ravenclaw. The stadium erupted. The whole place was booming. I was on the verge of tears. Alicia screamed beside me. A flash of anger coursed through me. "what is wrong with you, we lost" I shrieked. I couldn't believe it. Slytherin had lost to stupid Ravenclaw!!! I opened my eyes to see Sylvia grinning at me like a mad woman. I looked down and saw Draco grinning up at me with the golden snitch in his hand. Wait a minute that meant..... We had won. Oh my god, we HAD won. I screeched and galloped down to the field to Draco. I was ecstatic . I charged towards Draco and ran into his arms. He twirled me around and kissed me. The wind blew and my long hair swirled around us. For a moment I forgot we were in a stadium full of students. It was just me and Draco. I held onto Draco as everybody congratulated him. I couldn't believe that I had thought we were beaten by Ravenclaw. I looked up into the stands to see Sylvia and Alicia. Sylvia was beaming. She never really admitted it but she loved a good game of Quiditch. Alicia on the other hand had her eyes narrowed at me. She saw me looking at her but didn't look away. She wanted Draco and she wanted me out of the picture.