Late Night Adventure To The Kitchen

Eponine POV

I sigh as I look in the mirror. Carlotta had just got me a bowl of water and a nice cloth to wash my face. As she said "Now, we wouldn't want a thing like you to look like a raccoon that just heard my singing, would we."

I had tried to hear her singing voice, but she refused to sing. So here I was, in a silk nightgown, scrubbing my face, trying to rid it of tear stains.

As soon as I finished, I went to the door. I had already cleaned my room, even though Carlotta had maids for that. I liked how she treated the servants though. She pays them and makes sure that they are healthy and happy.

I tentatively open up my door, as it is almost midnight and many people are probably asleep. I look up and down the corridor, and see no one. I step out into the corridor and start walking towards the stairs.

I make my way down the grand staircase, and exactly twelve chimes ring throughout the house. I guess it is midnight then.

I then proceed to walk into the foyer, thinking no one is there. There is a fire in the fireplace though, so I guess someone left it burning. I shrug mentally to myself and take a seat in a plush armchair that is right near the fire. I tuck my feet under myself and observe the leaping flames. Making stories with the pictures I see in my head. I then let my mind wander.

After thinking a bit, I feel a bit hungry and thirsty. I remember that I barely ate any food all day.

I try and remember where the kitchen was from my tour. After a bit of wandering around I finally find it tucked away behind the dining room. I light a few of the candles for light,and I spot a kettle in a cupboard and decide to make some tea.

I fetch some water from the well in the courtyard and find some tea leaves in the kitchen. I start a fire and boil the tea water. Once it is done I find a nice cup and pour the tea in. Then I get a tiny bit of sugar (again, after searching the entire kitchen) and find some milk and put them in. All through making the tea I just think.

I think about Marius (ugh) and Cosette (barf). I then think about Gavroche and him being hurt. That made me a bit angered. Last I think about how the schoolboys possibly survived the revolution. The people hadn't rose,and we were extremely outnumbered. It was a lost cause sadly. Just a group of boys wouldn't be able to change all of France sadly.

I put my finished tea down to cool, and search for some food. I find grapes, a piece of bread, and some cheese in the pantry. I suppose it will do. I get a plate down and make my snack. I then take my entire meal over to a table in the corner, and start to eat.

I try to be lady like, but that doesn't work out. I end up pigging out, well not exactly, but let's just say my elbows do end up resting on the table. Horrible, I know.

I hear a door open and I jump at the sudden sound. I then hear voices. They are in the dining room so I put my ear to the wall and listen.

"Are you sure that no one is awake?" one voice asks, I'm almost certain that it's Enjolras. "Yes, we're sure. Now stop worrying Enjolras." Another three voices add. I think that it is Marius, Cosette, and Gavroche.

Enjolras snaps back."Look who's talking Cosette. You're the one worried here." Cosette just whines "Well, that's because Eponine, a thief, is staying in this house! She'll steal all of my items! She hates me!" I snort at this. Why would I want any of her things?!" Gav just says"Why in the world would my sister want anythin' from you? She isn't fond of looki-"

Marius cut him off, much to my displeasure."Gav, I will not have you talk back to my Cosette! We have every right to be worried about Eponine stealing, so just drop it!" I jump at the tone of voice he is using with my brother, and I get mad. Apparently so does Gav.

"She doesn't even like stealing! She stole so I wouldn't have to! She stole so when I came home I wasn't beat for not bringing money! If she didn't get enough she was beat near to death! This happened countless amount of times! You never thought of it when new bruises popped up on her? Don't even get me started on some of the things she was forced to do or witnessed!" he stops and takes a shaky breath,then continues."I also know for a fact, that many nights father even sent her to the docks." I hear him crying,but still he continues."Monsieur, you were so blind to her life at the house, and to think that she even loved you. Enough to do errands for you, or find your crush." He pauses, then says"Goodnight monsieurs, mademoiselle." And then he leaves. I'm a bit shocked that he knew all of that, and that HE TOLD THEM!!!!

"Wait...Gav WAIT!" Marius then rushes after him. "Ugh.... Marius dear wait!" I hear slippers padding on the floor ,so I can only assume that Cosette went after Marius.

I don't hear anything so Enjolras is still there.Then I see the door to the kitchen open up. I see a figure walk in. I believe it's Enjolras, he is in his regular outfit.

He walks over to a table ,put his elbows on it and rests his head in his hands."Ugh Marius why did you make me surrender?"

He then looks up and sees me. I was just looking at him. He looks shocked, not really. "Bonjour." I say politely. "Bonjour Eponine, you heard all of that, did you not?" I nodded. "I'm sorry about Marius and Cosette. But your brother is very strong. He took four bullets, I believe." I nodded again. "Now Eponine, I thought you could speak," he stops and chuckles "you certainly did at dinner." I nod,then say "Well, what was I supposed to do? I certainly was not going to come up with a new person. And I was quite mad at the time." he just shakes his head. "Well, you gave Marius and Cosette quite a shock. He almost ran after you. Gav just started crying and laughing, and the rest of l'ABC asked what was going on, and started to eat again." I smirked a bit, as I got those reactions.He then ended "Well, mademoiselle, I best be off. Goodnight."I nodded and he left. Then I noticed he was using a cane and was having trouble walking. "Wait! Let me help you." he tried to protest, but in the end I got him to his room.

After I got back to my room, I sat on the bed, thought about everything again, and fell asleep, ready to face tomorrow.

__--~~--__

That's all! Hope you enjoyed! BBBBBYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE!!

~KaleighMae123<3