New Things

Eponine POV

        I have been running for only about five minutes, and already I'm short of breath.   "Just....a bit......further!" I round the next corner, and I am very, and I mean very,glad to see that dumb hospital.

        As I near it, I sense a feeling of dread wash over me. That could only mean two things. One:Gavroche was hurt, badly,or ,two: Marius and dumb little Cosette were near.I had a feeling it was both.

       By now I had burst through the doors of the hospital. The smell of blood and medicine overwhelms me, and my mind is flooded with memories. One stuck out the most.

           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~******WEIRD~MEMORY*FLASHBACK~THINGY******~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      It was night, a cold December one,and I was happily playing with my new sister Azelma,I was probably only 6 or 7,and Papa came in. He was stumbling around and smelled of liquor. Mama was out in the inn, probably "earning" money. Papa came up to me."Wha' are you lookin' at you little brat?" he sneered,I had backed away and started to  run,but he made me fall and hurt my hand with a shard glass. I took off, and ended  at the hospital.  The doctors helped me,and I left the next day, and I then started out my life as a gamin. 

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~******BACK~TO*REAL~THING******~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

              I wake up in a white room. I feel a throbbing in my head, and I can barely move. I suddenly hear a door open."Ah,good, you're finally awake mademoiselle!" I look up and before me I see a very pretty nurse. She has bright red hair, striking hazel eyes,and very nice skin.She is like a petite porcelain doll. She even has a perfect body for lord's sakes! "Could you speak,please,I need to hear your voice mademoiselle!" she exclaims,very hyper she is.

      I nod "Yes,of course I can speak!" I inwardly flinch at how gravelly my voice came out. I clear my throat and ask "I'm sorry,but how long have I been out? And what is your name?"

      "No problem,my name is Carlotta,and you have been out for about 3 days." My eyes widen, and I gasp. "3 days! I'm sorry,for I can not pay for the expenses!" I cry. "Madam,do not worry,we found you on the street,with cuts and bruises,even an opened gun wound!You do not need to pay,with all of the revolutionaries coming in it is fine!" I stop and ask "Oh,well did you treat or see a little boy,no more than 11, come in? He has golden straight hair,and blue/green eyes that light up." she looks at me sadly and says "Yes,he is here, 3 gun wounds and very fragile. We will keep him until tonight." I let out a breath I was holding."Also, madame, you can leave with me now to my home. I will not take no for an answer!" 

       I nod and get up. She takes my forearm and starts walking. On the way out I catch a glimpse of all of the les amis except for a few. But I could see Marius,Combeferre,Courfeyrac,Feuilly, Jehan,Bossuet, Bahorel,Joly,Grantaire,and Enjolras. Of course there are others,but I'd never met them personally when I was at the meetings. 

     Before I know it, we are outside of a nice house,mansion almost,in the rich side of paris,it is painted a nice light blue, and it is obviously a very expensive home."Wow." I mutter,Carlotta just laughs,which is amazing, and just says "Yes,my father was a very wealthy man,before he left for America that is." I wonder why he left.Probably the 'freedom' of the land.That or just to expand his business.

    As we walk inside I was taken away,it was gigantic! There was a grand staircase and many rooms! As I gawked, she laughed and talked again. "Here,follow me to your room,I hope that you'll like it!" I follow her up the grand staircase,past at least ten rooms, and she opens a door. 

 I look inside. It's a very,very,very big bedroom. It's really nice too. There is a big white 4 poster bed,with a canopy, a white armchair, and a big wardrobe. There is also another door,presumably going to the washroom, and a balcony with glass doors. All in all, it's amazing! It was all white,but I planned to add some colour.

    "Oh, it's too much! I would be fine on the couch!" I try and plead with her,but she makes me stay. "Oh,and I have invited other people over to stay.They're all men, so I was a bit lonely.I was looking for a friend, and I am excited for you to live here! There are some dresses in the wardrobe, so get ready for supper!" and then she just walks off.

  I go into the washroom,and it's grand,again. I don't know why but I feel at home. I shrug and get water ready for a bath. When it's ready I go ahead and wash myself off. I scrub off dirt, grime, and worst of all, blood. The usual,I guess. 

    When I get out I dry myself off,and head to the wardrobe,wondering who my 'roommates' are. I shrug it off and open the door to the wardrobe.And am blown away.