Why Me?

A/N this scene includes a bit of abuse. If you would not like to read it,I am sorry. The * indicates where it begins and ends. Thanks!

                                             ~Kaleigh M.

              "There you are you BRAT!!!" my 'Papa' says. He is obviously drunk. I can smell the liquor on his breath and I can hear the drunken slur in his voice."Where is my money!?" We are in our shabby house,if you can even call it that, now.

                  "Papa, I do not have any at the moment, I-"  he cuts me off. "WHY IN THE NAME OF BLOOMIN' JESUS CHRIST ARE YOU WEARIN' ME BEST CLOTHES!?" I looked down.I had forgotten that I had stole his clothes to get to the barricade."Papa I will explain if you just SHUT UP FOR A SECOND!" I instantly regret my words.

                  "Why you little-"He brings up his hand and hits me across the cheek. I know where this is going,sadly.

          *****************warning beating ahead warning beating ahead warning******************

                   "Get on the floor,girl."he sneers. I obey and stay silent."You dare take from me!" He kicks my leg,hard."YOU WERE WITH THAT STUDENT,WEREN'T YOU?" I solemnly nod my head. He kicks me again,in the chest this time. He takes off his belt and starts hitting me. "FATHER PLEASE! STOP! PLEASE!" I scream,trying to hold back tears."Please....." he just starts digging his nails into my skin.He holds me down. Then he is hitting me again. I just think why me? What did I do to deserve this?Why? 

                     I start to feel my hair getting pulled. Getting ripped out,actually.I almost cry then and there. I start to think about the rain,and flowers,and finding love. Pfft,yeah right.No one will ever love you, a dirty gamin.  

           ***********************safe from harm now,no more pain***********************************

  "Get up you good for nothing brat!" I stood,with much difficulty. We make our way to the door. He opens it,hitting me in the elbow."Get out.Never come back. You.Are.Not.Welcomed.Here.Anymore. With that he throws me out into the middle of the cobblestone road,and slams the door,locking it securely after.

          It is raining, and I can still hear the screams of men and gunshots echoing through the streets. I think back to Marius,about how he slapped me.I start to cry, but start to cough up blood and phlegm. Pain shoots through my body, and I know that the gun-wound has opened up. 

               I lay down in the street, and wait to die. It's really peaceful, actually. Knowing that you'll die. I am relieved when I black out. Finally, I can be happy.Away from backstabbers, abusive fathers,and the pain of being poor. 

                                                                          Finally, I.Am.Free.

             And that's the end of the book!JK JK!!!! I still have like 50 more                                                                                chapters I hope! Like the cliffhanger? SORRY! I needed to do                                                                                                        it.Well,see ya! Bye my Kay's!

                                                                               ~KaleighMae123<3