[CHAPTER FIVE]

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to my first ever editor - Keelie! Thank you so much for editing the chapters of AWDML! You deserve this chapter! 

CHAPTER 5

“Is he going to hang out with us Rosana?” James’ face was in disgust as he turned around and gave a quick look to Carr whom was walking alongside Louis. They were talking about Carr’s life back in Melbourne.

   Well, at least Louis is being friendly to Carr. I thought in relief.

   “Yes James, Carr is going to hang out with us.” I replied in a rush as I ran up the flight of stairs, leaving them behind.

I need to get away from them and hopefully Louis is smart enough to realize that and stop the two of them from running after me.

When I got to the last flight of staircase I was panting slightly. James, Louis and Carr were nowhere to be found as I knew they were walking slowly. Well, that was expected and I needed some time to think to myself before they could invade my personal space again.

I put a little weight on the door handle which lead to the rooftop and to my surprise it was unlocked so I pushed the door open and instantly I felt the breeze of the spring air brushed against my bare skin, sending my skirt flying everywhere. I bent down in an impossibly fast movement and put both of my arms in front of my skirt so no one could see my panties. I was blushing slightly, but this was nothing compare to when Carr kissed me on my cheek in Professor Esteven’s Anthropology class. My cheeks were once again heated with embarrassment as I replayed the scene in my mind again.

Gosh, Rosana, you need to stop thinking about it. Like Carr said, it was just a friendly peck – nothing more!

I let out a sigh and I felt my body relaxed as I walked towards the end of the rooftop where it was fenced up by a seven meters fence that people used to cover up for a tennis court. It was repainted in the colour of grass green a few months ago by James, Louis, Mike and I as we practically owned the rooftop.

Ever since we enrolled in Swanston Academy, we had always come up to the rooftop and had our emergency meetings being held here. Mostly it had always been between James, Louis and I. But sometimes we included Mike as he was (sometimes) part of our group. We always had our lunches up here and celebrated some special occasions as well. It had turned out to be a place filled with memories for all of us. I don’t think I could ever forget about this rooftop as we pretty much rebuilt everything – from painting the wall to painting the fence twice a year and also moving a table and a few chairs from floor one to floor six. However –

“Rosana!”

James busted through the door and stopped me from being lost in a sea of memories. I turned around to face him with my arms crossed and there he was panting like he had an asthma attack – no wait! James actually had asthma. Before I could think straight, my action had taken over my logic by sprinting towards him in an incredible speed as I felt my adrenaline kicked in.

“James, are you okay?”

I was so worried about him that all I could hear was my heart beating frantically. When I finally reached him he was laying on the ground, still panting but the sound that he was making horrified me. I started searching for his puffer immediately, guessing that it must be in one of his pockets. I was so concentrated in looking for it that I didn’t realize the sound that James made had stopped.

“James, where the hell did you put your puff?”

I wondered my thought aloud, but he didn’t answer me and that made me stopped for a few seconds as I realized that he had stopped panting and he had also stopped making that horrendous noise where an asthmatic patient will make when the attack hit them. But the two possible reasons why they would stop making that noise are either the person has received the puffer and had calmed down or the person stopped breathing.