Chapter 14: Double

The nurse led them into a small room, about the size of a bedroom, and told them to sit while she went to get the doctor. Soon a young red-haired man, about 4in shorter than Percy, maybe 5ft 10in, walked into the room holding a clipboard. He was thin, with thick rimmed glasses, freckles, and neatly combed ginger locks. He smiled at us as he entered the doorway, "Hey!"

"JOSH!" Percy gasped.

"Yeah, how you do 'in Perce?"

"Uh, we're great!" he laughed.

"Yes, and sort of needed to talk about that." Annabeth butted in.

Josh glanced over at her, instantly noticing her growing stomach.

"Oh, of course." Josh said, sitting down at his desk, "What can I help you with?"

"We'd like a check-up and if possible; we'd like to see the baby." replied Percy

"Well, normally you wouldn't be able to see the baby for about a month or two; but since we are anything but normal, you can check yes on both of those."

Josh winked and started the check-up. Because Josh was a son of the medicine god, he barely needed any equipment. Annabeth waited patiently as he ran his hand across her forehead to check temperature, wrist for pulse, eyes for eyesight, back for lungs, and ears for hearing. Finally he stopped and looked at Percy the Annabeth, "You ready?"

The two of them nodded and Josh ran his hand over Annabeth's stomach.

"Whoa!" he said, "They're feisty little guys!"

"Plural?" gasped Annabeth.

"Yep, I got a fiery little girl up here on the right and a little boy over here on the left!"

"Twins!" smiled Percy.

"Yeah, you want to see them?"

"Yes!"

Josh took his hand away from Annabeth tummy and rolled over a big screen, about the size of a smart board, then he grabbed a small instrument shaped like a stethoscope, only it had a USB at the end instead of ear-pieces. He put the front flat piece onto the middle of Annabeth's stomach, and then plugged the USB piece into the board. Instantly an image popped up on the screen.

"Meet your kids!"

Two, small, blurry figures appeared. One on the right squirmed and kicked; while one on the left didn't. It just sat there sleeping away. Annabeth smiled, "Daddy's girl."

Percy chuckled. "And Mama's boy,"

The couples smiled as they gazed at the image of their little girl and little boy. The Jackson twins.