Oriented vs. Dependency

Okay, granted, by simply reading the chapter name, you probably have no idea what I'm about to discuss here.

I'll save you the assumptions.

Ladies...

Ladies..

Ladies.

PLEASE understand that there's nothing the least bit wrong with a young man who is family oriented. In my opinion, this is the perfect guy to invest into, because MAJORITY of the time, these are the young men who have a set head on their shoulders (smart, goals, etc.).

However, my lovely ladies, please note that there's a significant difference between a man who is FAMILY ORIENTED and FAMILY DEPENDENT.

A guy who looks to his family for guidance and advice? GREAT! A guy who relies on family to make decisions for them. BAD. Very bad.

Right now, this may not seem like an obstacle, believe later in life, it becomes more of a dead end  than  a hurdle.

Imagine finding and investing love and committing to someone you truly see a future in, only to be detoured at every angle due to family.

Imagine every time you attempt to build an empire, your foundation is torn asunder by doubts.

A man who is family dependent, eight times out of ten, will choose their family over you.

No matter how great you are, no matter how hard you try, because you are not their main priority.

Some dependees would even rather please their families before themselves. This is a RED FLAG.

You don't want to get stuck with someone who will not set you as a priority due to opinions of others.

Remember, a man who won't stand for anything, will fall for everything.

Now of course, I'm not referring to "teenage love". Obviously due to the fact, that when under your parents'/guardians' rule and roof (16-18/high school) where you too aren't necessarily self reliant, this doesn't pertain to such event.

I'm referring to young legal adults (18/19+) that can, of course, consent.

However, my young readers, this doesn't necessarily mean you should ignore the warning signs either.

Happy Readings! :)