Chapter 9

Maggie's POV

I'd just finished getting ready and was now on my way to meet up with my girls at Starbucks.

All Maia mentioned was chatting about how our nights went, but I swear she has something she's not told us about.

Georgina hadn't confirmed that she was coming but she never didn't turn up to anything her friends went to. But it all depends on what happened to her last night, and what she plans on doing for the rest of the day. Maybe there's someone in her life after the other evening? Who knows with Georgina, she's so secretive.

Whereas with Maia, you can instantly tell if she's keeping something from you or is lying about something. I had a feeling like she might be seeing someone or at least developing feelings for someone but all will be revealed at our drink date.

Speaking of dates, I was pissed that Jack hadn't asked me on a proper date since the party. I mean, we'd only been on one before that and it was simply to eat at a restaurant during our lunch break at work, nothing special although I appreciate the gesture.

I stopped my overthinking when I pulled into the Starbucks car park. I noticed both Gee and Maia's cars were already parked up.

I walked in to the shop and immediately walked over to where the girls were seated, next to one of the windows.

As soon as I sat down, Maia whispered to me, "I need to ask you something."

"Go ahead. I don't care if Georgie hears about it to be honest so you can speak louder about whatever it is." I leaned back in my seat, waiting impatiently to hear whatever it was she wanted to ask me.

"Do you know someone called Sammy or Sam?"

At the name, my mind tracked back to Jack and I remembered him mentioning some guy called Sammy. I didn't even know the name of that guy that joined me and Jack for breakfast this morning though, that could've been Sam for all I know.

"Jack's mentioned a friend called Sam but I don't know him personally, why?"

"I had sex with him last night-" I cut her off.

"WHAT?! YOU FINALLY HAD SEX AGAIN AFTER ALL THIS TIME?" I was surprised; even though I'd encouraged Maia to do this, I didn't actually expect her to go through with it. But a new woman was sat next to me apparently.

"Yes, if you'll let me finish." She arched an eyebrow at me and folded her arms over her chest.

"Go ahead." I smiled innocently at her and she continued.

"So anyway, I had sex with Sammy but the funny thing is, when I was about to leave and walking past all the bedrooms, I heard your voice coming from one of the bedrooms Mags." I furrowed my brows in confusion. That either meant that she'd gotten with some guy who lived in the same house as Jack, or that she completely imagined the entire thing. Both could be true in all honesty.

"Wait, what does Sammy look like?" I was trying to comprehend whether the guy from this morning could have been him.

"Blonde hair but brown roots, tall, brown eyes."

It was like an image had clicked in my head from Sam at breakfast. It must be him she's talking about.

"Yeah! I do know Sam, he joined me and Jack for breakfast this morning."

"That means that we were both having sex with guys in the same house without actually hearing it, oh my god!" Maia was serious but after a minute she started laughing hysterically. I joined her with a burst of laughter at her reaction.

When we finally had calmed down from our outburst of giggles, we asked G how her night went. She admitted that she'd also gone home with a guy she'd met at the club and that they were gonna meet up again later.

"Ooh. What about you Maia? Meeting Sam again soon?"

"Actually no guys, it was for one night and one night only." She looked down and seemed to be a bit upset about the fact that she might never see Sammy again.

"That's a shame, you sounded to really enjoy spending your night with him." I gave her a quick hug to try and cheer her up.

We talked some more until we ran out of conversation and were just telling funny stories from when we were younger.

Gee was in the middle of telling her story about how her elementary school friends had dared her to swear at the teacher using her middle finger, when the conversation was rudely interrupted by my phone receiving an incoming text.

"Sorry, continue." I gestured Georgie to carry on with her story whilst I replied to Jack's text.

Jack - I miss you baby
Maggie - shame. I'm not gonna be back for another hour.
Jack - someone just made sure they're getting it extra hard tonight ;)
Maggie - ooh, I'm all scared. come at me bro
Jack - as you wish m'lady

I sighed and locked my phone, thinking about last night with Jack. What are the chances that Maia came back to the exact same place as me but we didn't know that the other was there.

I was abruptly pulled out of my thoughts when Maia waved a hand in front of my face.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking." I added a laugh so that she wouldn't keep asking if anything was wrong. I hate sympathetic attention and I hate people that pity me.

After what felt like a short time, we were all ready to leave. We said our goodbyes, which wouldn't last long, and individually parted to head to our cars.

When I got to Jack's, I knocked on the door and waited for him to open it. I was surprised when I looked up at Sam's face instead of Jack's. My forehead wrinkled in confusion.

"Where's Jack?"

"Erm, he's out right now. But I think he's heading back soon."

"He better be." I muttered and Sam chuckled.

He scratched the back of his neck and made a face at the awkwardness of the situation.

"Are you just gonna leave me to stand out here for the rest of the day waiting for Jack to come back?" I raised an eyebrow at his lack of manners. Maia should be glad she hasn't got to meet up with him again or she'd be appalled with his don't-care behaviour.

His eyes widened a little and then he stepped back from the doorstep to allow me room to walk in.