Chapter 10 - Why is it so cold?

Start from the beginning

"So you're saying we need Haku to cry and then she will go to him?" Itachi questioned.

"Great idea Itachi, but that would annoy everybody and she could definitely see through that. I was thinking more like, subtly putting him in danger." Kisame smiled.

"Subtly? What do you mean?" Itachi said, not being on the same page with Kisame for the first time ever.

"What if we were to freeze Haku, make him so cold that he starts to get Hypothermia." Kisame smiled.

Itachi slapped Kisame at the back of his head. "You idiot, we're not trying to kill the boy."

"He won't die because Winter would go to protect him before he died." Kisame pointed out.

Itachi stopped in his tracks and Kisame stopped pacing, "That, might have been the best idea you have ever had Kisame."

"Thanks. I think."

"We just have to go to Pain and ask him to turn down the temperature in Haku's room. We would have to do it in Winter's prison cell and everywhere else but our room and the kitchen." Itachi thought out loud.

"Why? And why not the kitchen?" Kisame questioned.

"So that when Winter gets cold she will wonder if there's a problem, thus leaving her prison cell and then realizing it is cold everywhere else she will go straight to Haku to make sure he is okay. We drop the temperature in Haku's room more than everywhere else so that he starts to get Hypothermia, enter Winter, and she goes and protects him. We heat the place up immediately after that so neither of them dies and we lock the door to Haku's room so that we can go wake Pain up and prove to him that she is up and about at night time." Itachi took a deep breath and looked exasperatedly at Kisame, holding his hands out like he was waiting for applause.

"And the kitchen?"

Itachi sweat-dropped. "Because I am on cooking tomorrow and having dramatic temperatures will kill the food.

Kisame sweat-dropped.

The men laughed and went straight to Pein with their plan.

~Later that night~

Winter's P.O.V

I shivered for the fifth time that night, what is going on? The temperature felt below zero and I had little clothes to cover up. As it got colder the goosebumps on my legs seemed to be permanently frozen. A thought occurred to me, what about Haku? Was he okay? His room was always much colder than mine and if I couldn't feel my feet than what was he feeling?

I discarded all my thoughts earlier in the day about staying to be safe from Itachi and I thumped my back against the wall hearing the click. Using the wall to support myself, I managed to stand up and walk towards the staircase. Moving slower than a tortoise I took the stairs one step at a time, my body feeling like lead. My lips turned blue and frost started to form at the corners of my mouth. My saliva was freezing?!

I have to get to Haku.

It was the only thing keeping me from curling up and dying of Hypothermia. My eyes were half closed and I managed to open the door to Haku's room. He was curled up in a ball, he looked like a frozen statue.

"Haku!" I croaked, making my way over to him. "Haku, are you okay?"

He didn't respond so I pulled off my shirt and tore it in two. I used it like a blanket and I wrapped Haku in it, pressing my body against his to keep him warm.

"Stay with me Haku, everything's going to be alright."

I vaguely heard the door to Haku's room locking before everything went black.