Smile

Isaac

I want to see him, do I really have to wait until tomorrow? It's already 9:00 and I doubt that anyone else will come by my shop today. I should just call an uber and take him his gifts, save him the hassle. Yes, that's what I'll do, I hope he's home.

I wrapped each bowl, cup, and plate in newspaper before I settled it into the medium sized box I would be holding. I wonder if I should bring over some sweets, no - it will take too much time. I gladly cleaned up my shop and put all of my newly made vases away. I soon realized that dried clay covered my attire, it's very smart of me to keep another pair of clothing here. I washed all of the clay off of my body and put on each article of clothing. I probably smell like the clay I use, but I can't fix that at this very moment, so I hope he enjoys my dusty smell, I've grown fond of it.

The uber arrived within 20 minutes and I was on my way to Marc's house, that makes me so excited. Will he be happy to see me, what if he's angry or annoyed because I've interrupted something. The more I think about the drearier my attitude becomes. Sighing I leaned back into the leather seats, I hope he's glad.

I'm not going to lie, I was amazed when I stepped outside of a beautiful condo building. I can't exactly just surprise and show up on his door, I wouldn't be able to find it. I called him feeling immensely embarrassed just standing out here alone in the cold with a big brown box.

"Yes?" He answered with an easy tone, a good sign.

"Umm, I'm kind of outside of your building and I don't know where to go". I scratched the back of my head realizing how amusing that sounded.

"You're outside? Like right now?" He sounded excited, is he excited to see me?

"Yea, that's what I said". I whispered softly.

"I'm coming down now, come indoors I don't want you to get sick". I carried my brown box inside only to see a few nice looking people stare at me, isn't that lovely. I'm glad I don't have clay all over me, I would look even more out of place.

I was relieved when Marc came to my rescue. He greeted me with a wide smile, and I immediately felt stupid for thinking that he'd be angry. He invested all of his time into me as we took the elevator and about two hallways back to his room. Oh my gosh, it smells like heaven in here. "What are you cooking?!" He chuckled pointing to the stove where I see two steaks grilling. "Did you know that I was coming over, you had to, you have two".

"No, I promise I didn't. I was making another one for lunch tomorrow, but I'm glad I made two". I set the box down along the wall by his tree.

"I'm sorry if I've interrupted anything, I just wanted to see you". He rolled his eyes and smirked.

"You didn't interrupt anything, I'm glad you came. I've missed you". He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me without hesitation. I was surprised, it's not like we've kissed a whole lot, but I mean I'm glad he knows that it's okay. I smiled as he pulled back from me, he went over to the kitchen to check on his steaks. "You can change the channel if you'd like".

"What's on right now?" It was on commercial and I wouldn't change it if I liked the show.

"I believe it's Chopped".

"Oh my gosh, you watch that?! Wait- what am I saying, of course you do". I laughed at myself and eased into the couch. I wonder which episode it is, I am in love with this show, this channel in general, as well as any house renovation shows.

"Do you eat green beans?" He asked from the kitchen.

"Snap beans right? Yea I eat those". He peaked his head out of the kitchen and held an amused expression on his face. "What?" I asked wondering why I was being looked at as if I had done something absurd.

"I've never actually met anyone that has called them that". Really, wow.

"Oh, well there's a first for everything".

"Mashed or cut potatoes". He is cooking my weakness.

"Mashed, definitely mashed, and lots of it".

"You got it boss". This man is going to kill me, yup he is, and I won't even care. I walked to the kitchen to watch him shave the potatoes, cut them up, and put them in the large pot to boil. He really looks like he genuinely enjoys to cook, he doesn't take it too seriously, I really like that. He can be my cooking show, when the season is over for my shows I'll just watch him dish it up in the kitchen. He would peak back at me every now and then and a small smile would raise on his face, that's probably my favorite part of watching him, when he smiles at me.

I went to his fridge to find a drink without asking, knowing that he won't mind. When I saw about five deserts one could say I was ... surprised. Well I'm glad I didn't bring any sweets. "Were you just craving sugar? Or what?" He looked to me with confusion before he realized that I was at the fridge.

"Oh no, I was testing out some things for my restaurant". He looked at the juice in my hand and frowned. "I should've asked if you wanted some, sorry. The only person that comes over is Bell and my family, and I don't have to ask them they just do".

"Don't worry about it,  I wasn't thirsty when I first got here anyways, now where are the cups". He pointed to the cabinet just right of him. I poured my apple juice in a mug that says 'I'm the cutest chef', and took a few sips. I set my cup down on the counter and gently wrapped my arms behind him, trying hard not to startle him while he was cutting his snap beans.

"You know I really like to watch you cook". I softly spoke in his ear. He let out a deep breath and relaxed enough in my arms to where he could still work.

"I love to watch you watch me cook". I smiled against his back at the mouthful of words, and kissed his neck before walking off with his mug. This is nice, I could do this more often.