Heaven and Hell; Chapter Twelve; F.M.L.

I walked towards the door to which all the "bad kids" go. I had been in this room several times.. Well, more than several. I've gotten to know the principal very well. I reached for the door, and before I knew it, I heard Hunter.

"Don't look him in the eyes!" He called after me. I laughed.

"Oh, shut up." I yelled back, as I rolled my eyes and pushed through the door.

The room looked like a jail cell. Cold walls, hard seats, and not alot of room. I was amazed he even got his ratty old desk in there. I heard the door latch shut behind me. I quickly turned back to look but before I could, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned towards the desk and saw a.. Manly looking woman standing there, leaning against the desk.

"Um. Can I help you?" I asked, keeping my gaze fixed on her.

"No, I don't need help. I just wanted to watch you get your dish of fate." She told me, with a smile on her face. It made me shudder.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Me? Oh, I'm Eliza. I killed myself after I got suspended. I went home and my dad beat me up pretty bad, so I came here. Now, I can watch all the bitches who made fun of me get suspended." She smiled.

"Oh.. Okay then.." I whispered as I turned to sit down. I heard the door open behind me. I nearly jumped out of my seat as I heard the principal - Mr. Brooks - let out a deep sigh.

"Oh, Heaven. How many times is this?" He asked, shaking his head.

"Lost count." I shot back, as I twirled a piece of my hair through my fingers.

"Well, what'd you do now?" He asked, gazing at me.

"I'm not sure.." I mumbled, getting up and walking to a little toy he had. I grabbed it and started playing with it. It was so amusing.

"Don't give me that. You're here because you were talking back, am I right?" He asked.

"Um, yeah I guess." I shot him a threatening glare.

"Look, Heaven. This is your 12th time in the office so far this year. I'm going to have to suspend you.." He said, looking at his shoes.

"Fu- Frick." I mumbled.

"What?" He asked. "The baddest girl here can't take a little suspension? I thought it'd give you a breather. You skip anyways." He added.

"Um, yeah. I can. Can I go?" I asked, turning towards the door.

"No, you may not. I will dismiss you." He said, firmly.

I chuckled. "Oh, please, Brooks. I thought we got over this the first day I was here. I'm gone." I told him. I walked out of the office, shooting Hunter a grin.

"So? What went down?" Hunter asked, taking my hand and swinging it as we walked down the hall. I chuckled.

"Um, well I'm suspended. For 3 days. Hey, shouldn't you be in there?" I asked, looking from him to our hands. It felt nice.

"Pfft! Who gives a damn? I sure don't.." He laughed.

"But they will." I whispered.

"So?" He asked.

"Ha.. Yeah, you're right. Whatever. Lets go." I told him as I walked towards the door. I felt him pull against me.

"Um.. What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to finish the day?" Hunter asked, pulling my body back to his. I felt my phone vibrate against my leg. Not a good time, Izzy..

"Well I'm SUPPOSED to, but who cares? Are you going to skip with me or what?" I asked, pulling my phone out of my pocket.

"Yeah, I'll come. I was just wondering.." Hunter said with a questioning look on his face. "Who's that?" He asked, pointing at my phone.

"Oh, it's just Iz. He's asking what went down." I mumbled. Izzy, dont worry about it. Im fine. Send.

"Oh. Is he going to skip?" Hunter asked, sounding a little down.

"Nah. He's too chicken too.. His dad's really scary.." I told him. "Well? Shall we go?" I asked, as I pulled Hunter through the doors.

I let out a huge breath. Suspended.. Hmm. For three days... I felt my face heat up with a smile. No way in HELL am I going home and telling my family I got suspended. I'll fake that im going to school.. I glanced down at Hunter's hand intertwined in mine and couldn't help but grin. This.. Is.. Good. I sighed.