chapter 8: A day in Kyoto

I've always been a target for bullies. I don't know why, I just am.

One day, a couple of older boys decided to pick on me. I already wasn't having the best day, someone who I thought was my friend betrayed me, and everyone was saying I didn't belong anywhere.

I really didn't want to deal with any of this but they wouldn't leave me alone.

"P-Please stop!" I cried. They wouldn't let me go and they started to attempt to remove my shirt.

"No need to worry we're just going to have some "fun"-"

At that moment, something in me had snapped. I grabbed the guy who was about to remove my shirt wrist.

"Hey! What are you doing?!"

"I said stop." I said, My expression was completely emotionless.

I don't really know what happened after that, I blacked out for a bit and next thing I knew all of the guys who were picking on me were on the ground unconscious.

I ran away from them before they could wake up. I don't know what came over me, but I can't let myself snap like that again.

"(Y/N)-chan, look! Aren't they adorable?" Kaede said, pointing at a claw machine filled with multicolored pandas.

I snapped out of my thoughts. I nodded in agreement. I really wanted the (f/c) panda, but I don't know if I'll be any good at the claw machine.

I guess I was staring at the claw machine for too long because Karma put some money in the machine and successfully grabbed the (f/c) panda. Karma then walked up to me and handed me the (f/c) panda.

"You wanted this right? Here you go." Karma said.

I blushed a little, is he teasing me again? I took my wallet because knowing Karma there's usually a price to pay.

"Um...H-How much do you want for-"

"It's 100% free. I don't ALWAYS people pay a price for me doing them favors." Karma said.

Everyone (Nagisa, Kaede, Okuda, Sugino, and Kanzaki. We're still in Kyoto by the way.) looked at Karma in disbelief, while I still had my emotionless expression.

"I-I'll buy you a crepe...it's my treat..." I said shyly.

I nervously grabbed Karma's hand, and he walked with me to the crepe booth. This made Kaede smile like a fan girl who just seen their OTP having a moment.

"I ship it." Kaede said quietly but I could still hear what she said.

I'm not gonna hear the end of this later. =.=

Karma's POV:

(Y/N) paid for a crepe for me and got a (favorite flavor) crepe for herself.

"You really didn't have to buy me anything (Y/N)-chan." I said.

"I-It's alright I don't mind...and besides...I kinda wanted one..." (Y/N) said shyly, hiding the small blush on her face.

I like it when (Y/N) blushes, she looks adorable when she blushes. Of course (Y/N) and I are just friends.

"Are you okay okay Karma-kun? Y-Your face is red..." (Y/N) asked shyly.

"O-Of course, I'm fine. No need to worry (Y/N)-chan!" I said. (Now changing the subject) "We should get back to the others."

"O-Okay..." (Y/N)-chan said shyly and we started to walk back to the group.

What's wrong with me?! (Y/N) and I are just friends...

...Right?

(Y/N)'s POV:

Karma is acting a bit strange, he usually is calm but for some reason he was a bit nervous today, I wonder why?

Anyway, we were looking around in the shops. I was in a book store (no surprise there, I kinda already finished ALL of the books I bought with me).

Then I saw the latest volume of (favorite book or manga) on the highest shelf. You're kidding me, I'm around Karma's height and I can't reach it.

I grabbed a stool and used it to grab the book. I successfully grabbed the book but I slipped and started to fall. But before I could hit the ground, I caught by someone. I looked at the person who caught me, it was a boy that looked a lot like Karma but his eyes were purple instead of gold.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

I nodded my head, my shy self was taking over again.

The boy carefully put me down. "That's good. A girl like you should be careful."

Should I take that as a good or a bad thing?

Then the boy looked at my uniform. "You're from Kunigigaoka Junior High? I am too. My name is Gakushu Asano."

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." I wrote on my notepad, it's embarrassing when I have to use my notepad to communicate but I can't speak right now.

"You're shy huh? That's fine, it's nice to meet you (L/N)-san." Asano said. "I'd like talk to you some time. I have to go now, see you (L/N)-san."

That's a bit strange, a student from our school talking to an E-class student like me.

(Time skip)

"Who do you like (Y/N)-chan?" Hinata asked me.

All of the girls were talking about what boy they like. Me being my usual anti-social self, was sitting in the corner reading.

"I don't know..." I said quietly, not lifting my eyes off the book.

"Oh come on (Y/N)-chan, you and Karma hang out together so much I'm surprised you two aren't dating yet." Rio said.

"I ship it~!" Kaede said.

"W-We're just friends..." I said shyly. Why everyone keep insisting that?

Then Irina showed up and us to at least pretend to be asleep. Then all the girls made her sit down and talk about people she seduced and killed. Koro-sensei appeared out of nowhere, everyone insisted that he talk about his love life, but then he ran away. Everyone chased after him with their anti-Koro-sensei knives and guns.

It seems like the boys are doing the same thing, except for Karma and Nagisa. I'm not even going to bother trying to kill Koro-sensei right now so I stood next to Karma.

"This certainly isn't your ordinary field trip, right (Y/N)-chan?" Karma asked.

I nodded in agreement, too bad we have to leave. But this class certainly isn't boring.

Today has been a long day.

To be continued.