First day back

I am full with regret. I remember the first thing my mum said when I told her I was pregnant.

You are pregnant with Xavier's baby?

I remember the way she shouted at me for having sex at a young age. It was an accident. I didn't mean to over fill myself with alcohol. The morning after, when I woke up in his bed, I escaped before he could even notice. He would be ashamed of himself for having sex with someone like me. I lose my virginity and become pregnant, it wasn't at all what I needed as I am going to be so behind on my grades now.

It's my first day back to school and I have to take my gorgeous son in with me. It is so weird how he looks like Xavier's so much. I just hope he doesn't remember he had sex with me or realises that the baby is his.

"Katie are you ready?" my mum shrieked from downstairs. I finished doing up Hansel's buttons and grabbed the baby bag my bag and Hansel heading downstairs. My mum handed me a warm bottle of milk and a serial bar for me and I smiled.

"I love you mum," I said.

"Go on otherwise you will be late," she said I pecked her cheek and walked out. There my best friend was. Me and ruby have been friends since forever. She knows who the baby's dad is. I tell her everything, we always tell each other everything. She smiled and we walked to school.

I was hoping to not draw much attention from everyone. But then again I have a baby with me and no one has seen me for months. We arrived and like I expected all eyes were on me. I stopped and took a deep breathe.

"You'll do fine," ruby said patting my arm in a friendly manner. I nodded and we walked in. People were whispering to one and another. They were making it so obvious. I got to my locker and put my bag in. I saw Xavier walked in and I was hoping he would walk straight past me. He walked past me and I let out the breath I was holding in. I shut my locker and was about to go to my first class but as I turned I had a shock.

"Shit," I said. I was saying that one because he scared me and two because I was trying to avoid him.

"Going somewhere?" He asked.

"Class," I said.

"Katie who's baby is that?" He asked

"Isn't it obvious. Mine," I said.

"Who else have you had sex with?" He ask.

"I really don't want to have this conversation," I said walking of.

"Is it mine?" He asked and I stopped in my tracks. I was too scared to answer. "Katie?" I turned around facing him.

"I don't want to talk about this here," I said calmly.

"Just answer the god damn question!" He shouted catching everyone's attention.

"You have no right to raise your voice at me,"

"Answer my question," he said taking a step closer.

"yes he is yours," I said truthfully. Everyone gasped. "Happy now?" I said.

"can I hold him?" I was almost shocked to hear the words that slipped out of his mouth.

"You mean you actually want to hold Hansel?"

"You remembered?"

"I liked the name," I heard him chuckle slightly and the bell rang. "Meet me in the canteen at break and you can hold him then but I have missed a lot and really need to go," he nodded and I quickly walked off.