Chapter 6

"I rode before I met you. But after you left and she died, then my mom, I really got into it. It was my therapy." It was more than that. Bull riding was what brought me back to life again after feeling dead for so long.

"What was her name?" He asks. I can feel my lip start to quiver but hold in my tears. The look in his eyes kills me. 

"Paisley Renae Adams." I say truthfully. He looks at me shocked as if I've grown a second head.

"You gave her my last name?" He says in awe as he looks down at the table, playing with his napkin.

"I did. I called you Ryan, and your number had been changed. I wanted you to meet her so bad. Or at least know about her. I tried the best I could." I tell him, closing my eyes tightly.

I don't even hear him get out of his side of the booth and come sit next to me. He puts his arm around me. I lean my head against him and he kisses the side of my head.

"I'm so sorry, Ryan. I wanted to tell you. I needed you. I was terrified." My face is soaked in tears again.

"No baby, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. If I had known, I would have came. Hell, I would have never left in the first place. I didn't want to leave, baby. I swear it. I loved you more than you'll ever know. I still love you." He holds my face in his hands and kisses my tears away.

My heart stopped in that very moment. He didn't want to leave? Why did he? 

Wait, he loved me? I wiped my face and nose with my hands cleaning up what Ryan didn't.

"Then why did you leave?" I asked quietly, looking at his face. He smiles sadly and kisses my forehead gently.

"Let's not worry about that right now. We need to get to the arena. They are having a meeting with everyone. Why didn't you tell me you rode bulls when we first met?" He asks curiously, as the waiter brings us our food. 

"I don't know. Nobody ever knew except my parents. I knew you wouldn't let me if I had told you. You were always over protective of me." I sniffled and let out a small laugh as I pour maple syrup over my pancakes before cutting them up.

"I still am. You better tell that friend of yours to watch himself." He growls, before taking a bite of bacon.

"The great Ryan Adams jealous? Who'd ever thought he was so insecure?" I tease.

"I am not insecure! I just do not share well. You are mine. He wants in your panties. I can tell." I roll my eyes and eat some more of my food.

"Who cares?" I shrug. "He is so busy searching for buckle bunnies he hardly notices me. He even recommend I go on a search for some jackelopes. Besides, you and I are not together." I warn him.

"Jackelopes? What the hell is that?" He asks raising his eyebrows in question.

"Apparently, it's a male version of a buckle bunny. He said I needed to find one and get a good romp in the hay." I tell him, finishing what's left on my plate. After I'm finished, I get up and walk up to the counter and pay the bill for breakfast. 

When I look back at Ryan he's still sitting in his seat. Just by the look on his face, I know he is mad. Not mad, furious. I quickly leave the tip on the table and walk out the door. 

I know Ryan will follow.

I yelp when I feel his two hands grab my waist and pull me against his chest. 

"You need a jackelope, huh?" He asks breathing in my ear, making me breathless.

"No. You know I'm not that type of girl." I state truthfully.