Chapter 6: Does This Count As Kidnapping?

En başından başla

"That was genius!" I squealed. "I can't believe you did that!"

"I know, me too!"

"I am so glad I video taped this." Dean said.

"What?" Luis stopped swinging me around and set me back on the ground.

Dean showed Luis his phone then put it into his pocket.

"I will kill you!" Luis threatened. "Delete it before I delete you."

"And let Wyatt and Cyrus miss it? No way!"

Dean grabbed my hand and we raced to next period, chemistry. We arrived just in time, with another substitute teacher for Mr. Craig. Dean and Luis are really lucky today. 

"Today we'll be mixing solutions." Mr. Norris said. "Now team up into twos."

Luis immediately sat next to me and stuck his tongue out at Dean.

"Um, Mr. Fleming, is it?" Mr. Norris asked Dean.

"Yes sir?" Dean asked. 

"Since we have an uneven number of students, would you join Ms. Griffin and Mr. Dawson?"

"Sure."

Dean sat next to me and stuck his tongue at Luis. I chuckled, they can be so funny.

"There are different elements, you may only choose three including water." He explained. "With your textbooks you must find different types of solutions that will make different reactions. Don't forget to record your data, one person will do that, while the other will mix the solutions."

"I'll write down the data," I volunteered. "I don't think anyone could read any of your handwriting."

Dean picked up three random liquids with water and set them on the table.

"Why did you choose this small beakers for?" Luis asked Dean.

"It's not that small." I said, calming Luis down.

"Fine you want the big beaker? Fine, they're bigger than your's anyway." Dean said.

Dean grabbed the biggest beaker off some other kids table. They did nothing to stop him of course. I sighed, and gave them two of our other beakers.

"Okay, let's see what we have," I said with pencil in hand. "One big and small beaker."

Luis and Dean snorted.

"Seems fitting for the two of you..." I added.

They looked at each other. "She meant you," they said in unison.

I shook my head then went back to writing down the notes. "We have water which is liquid, sodium iodide which is a solid, hydrogen peroxide which is also liquid and potassium which is one of the elements 19, K, a solid."

"Well let's get to work." I said, finishing up the notes. "Let's see if we can find any solutions with these chemicals in the textbook."

"Boring." Luis and Dean said in singsong together.

"What?"

"Going by the book is boring. Let's just mix it." Dean said. 

"But there are safety precautions. We don't know what could happen if we mix the wrong chemicals, it could cause an explosion."

Luis winked. "Exactly."

"I'll go first, then." Dean said as he picked up the hydrogen peroxide and the sodium iodide.

"Dean really, you could get work."

"Oh c'mon," Dean said. "No one really died in chemistry did they?"