Chapter 6: Does This Count As Kidnapping?

Comincia dall'inizio

"Hello, my name is Ms. Bates, Mr. Ortega called in sick today so I'll be substituting him today." She introduced. "First roll call."

Maybe she'll kick Dean and Luis out of here.

"Joey Shelton."

"Yo."

"Darcie Little."

"Present.

"Autumn Griffin."

I raised my hand. "Here."

"Iman Moran." But she pronounced Iman, i-ma.

Dean casually raised his hand, "Over here. And it's pronounced, ee-man."

I looked around, no one bothered to tell Ms. Bates Dean isn't Iman. Iman is sitting at the back of the class, and he didn't tell either. But then I realized Dean's one of the Big Four. The nickname for the four baddest boys in school. No one would dare do it. I sighed and put my hands to my face, this period's going to suck.

Luis snorted. "I-ma Moron. I'm a moron."

"Well that's true, don't you think?"

Luis figured out his mistake and slid lower to his seat. The whole class began to snickered, I couldn't help but chuckle too.

"Okay then, Ashlynn Burke?"

Ashlynn didn't say here, then I remembered she moved away. There was no one else absent other than Ashlynn. I wonder what Luis will do or else he will be kicked out of the class, not that I'm complaining. Dean suddenly crumpled up a piece of paper into a ball then threw it at Luis' head.

"Here!" Luis said.

Ms. Bates looked at Luis then at the chart. "You're Ashlynn? Ashlynn is marked as a girl here."

Luis looked at Dean and I for help. Both of us shrugged, we don't know what he could do. All I could do was I mouthed to him, Use your brain.

He sighed, "I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm doing it for you Autumn," he muttered.

He crossed his arms and cocked his hip to the side. "Well is that a problem, MsBates?" Luis demanded in I think a poor impression of a gay lisp.

My jaw dropped, I can't believe this is actually happening.

"Excuse me?"

Luis looked at his nails. "Well I wasn't always, this- he motioned to himself- I was always so different from the other girls. So my mum and pops finally let me have the surgery that showed the real me. Do you have anything against people like us?"

I wanted to slam my head on my desk numerous of times. Don't laugh Autumn, I reminded myself. You'll mess everything up.

Ms. Bates was speechless. "Well I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you."

"Well you better not." Luis snapped her fingers, then sat back down.

Ms. Bates when back to attendance then started the lesson. The rest of the period I had to bite my lip, as Luis had to continue to play his role. He would keep on making a duck face, crossed his legs like a girl, and even read some girl's magazine he stole. She would call on Luis who would talk in the gay lisp and kept on saying "like" or "lol."

I looked at Dean mouthing, This is hilarious!

He nodded, I'm videotaping this, right now!

He showed me his phone. I waved hi to the camera.

When the bell rang, Ms. Bates immediately dismissed the class. When we walked out I hugged Luis, who swung me around.