Chapter 11- 'Holy crap, did I just name our knife?'

Start from the beginning

“Be safe!” Gavin’s voice was the last thing I heard as I left the hall and the door closed behind us.

I was still marching on ahead, and I heard Archie pick up the pace as he jogged to catch up.

“Will you wait woman.”

“No. Walk on your own.”

“I would but you’ve got the knife.”

I let out a menacing laugh “Oh I wouldn’t want to be near me right now while I hold this knife pretty boy.”

He rolled his eyes before coming to a halt and grabbing my wrist, stopping me with him.

“Right, you need to calm down. Holding a knife and being pissed off is never a good combination.”

“Not for you.” I smirked at him bitterly, and he looked down at me with an almost bored expression.

“Done with the death threats?” He asked patiently.

“I will never be done with the death threats when it comes to you.” I replied simply, and again he rolled his eyes at me.

“So aggressive…” he muttered, shaking his head disapprovingly. A ghost of a smile appeared on his mouth as he raised his brows suggestively “Are you like this in all aspect of your life?”

I narrowed my eyes at him and for the second time in five minutes I growled in anger. I turned and continued to make my way down the hall and to the stairs, leaving a laughing Archie to catch up behind me.

We made our way up the stairs again for about the millionth time tonight. I swear if I climbed any more stairs I was going to have abs of steel. I was debating on taking my camo jacket off because all this stair climbing was actually making me sweat.

As we reached the second floor, I turned to head straight for the medical room. I reached the room a few seconds before Archie, and sure enough the laptop was exactly where we left it.

“Do I need to tell you to grab it or…?” he wondered off, looking at me with a sarcastic smile.

I flipped him off without even glancing at him, before I threw the knife to him. Without closing it.

He cursed and winced as he caught it in his hand “Jesus Summer, you trying to kill me?”

“That obvious huh?” I muttered to myself as I went to grab the laptop but I froze before my hand touched the monitor “Archie?”

“What?” he snapped, clearly pissed at the fact I just threw a pointy blade at him in my little fit. He looked up at me and instantly knew something was wrong from the fact my eyes were glued to the monitor. He walked up to stand next to me and glanced at the screen.

“Pass Go and collect your prize at door number 3.” Archie read the words that now filled the screen “What the hell does that mean?”

I racked my brain trying to make sense of it, but was coming up with a blank. I glanced at the door and walked out into the hallways slowly, glancing up and down the hall trying to figure out what that message meant.

“Summer…” Archie’s tense voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned to him. His eyes were glued to the floor by my feet, and I glanced down to see what he was looking at.

I jumped back like it was going to hurt me. Right where I had been stood by the threshold of the door was the word ‘Go’ written in red letters. My breath hitched up and I looked back into the hallway. I was about to step out when this time I wasn’t so brave. That message on the floor apparently kicked my Lara Croft straight in the nose and she was out cold. I turned to Archie.