Darius stood before them and examined them with a judgmental gaze. "What has brought you here today?"

"Our sister has been taken," the brother with blond hair replied. His head was still cast downward.

"So you both decided to take things into your own hands." Darius showed no sympathy in his voice.

"Yes my prince. For our sister," the other brother added.

"You tried to commit murder against a fellow vampire." Darius ran a finger across his brow. He didn't like making the tough decisions but it had to be done.

The two brothers finally looked up with hallow eyes. "Yes."

"You know what the punishment for that is. Taking the law into your own hands without the right from your King could lead to death."

The two brothers stood still, and for some reason Deva understood their pain. Darius sighed and Deva sensed what his answer was. He was going to sentence the two brothers to death. It wasn't the first case today to have such a harsh outcome. Deva couldn't see it come out like that without getting a few more answers.

Before Darius could condemn them to death, Deva stood and started walking towards them. Everyone's eyes shot out to her and even Darius was a little surprised. She ignored the attention and focused on the accused brothers.

"Why did you do it? Why did you go after that vampire?" Her soft voice was reassured and helped relax the brothers enough to answer her.

"We believe he kidnapped our younger sister." The blond headed boy replied and Deva took a step closer.

"You were just trying to find her and make sure she was safe...at all costs."

The two brothers nodded.

Deva smirked and turned to Darius and then the other princes. "Sounds like some other brothers I know."

Marcus shook his head, but all three of the brothers knew it was true. They would fight hell if they knew it would save Izzy.

"Who is this man you have accused?" This detective stuff was much more interesting than the boring history lessons.

The brothers looked at each other before saying, "Luther Ingrid."

Deva turned to the guards who were standing on the far corners of the room. "Bring him here."

She didn't care if she was taking over the trial. She had to find out the truth because she believed the brothers were innocent. She couldn't let them be sentenced to death if they were really innocent.

The guards went through the crowd and brought forth a man with dark mysterious eyes and brown hair. He was giving Deva a deep murderous look that she couldn't stand. There was definitely something strange about the man.

"Luther Ingrid?"

The man bowed, "Yes my lady."

She studied his pose and formed face. He was trying really heard to fix his facial structure. Deva could tell he was holding something back so she questioned him.

"Is what these brothers say true? Have you taken their sister?"

Deva watched as his face fixed into the sweetest and most innocent face she had ever seen.

"No my lady. Of course not. These brothers speak nonsense. I have met their sister on a few accounts, but never would I think of taking her." He paused looking somewhat concerned. "It's just not my way...as a gentleman of course."

Deva noted the hint of glut darkness in his overbearing eyes. She didn't like him one bit, but decided she needed a better view. She walked to the steps and sat down to his eye level since he was still bent down. Everyone in the royal family was curious and on edge, anticipating Deva's next moves.