Blankie

The boys had gone on a two week break after they're tour. They all went and hung out with friends and spent time with family. Of course, they all stayed in touch during those two weeks. However, Harry returned with something...unexpected.

~~~~~~~

Louis drove up to his and the other boys' shared flat. They had been on a two week break from the tour, and quite frankly, he missed his boys. The minute he hopped out of his car, he heard a high pitched, "LOUIS!". He immediately recognized the voice as Harry's, and made his way in front of the car. Harry jumped into his waiting arms and squeezed the life out of Louis. "I missed you, Boo Bear." Harry said. "I missed you too, Hazza. I've missed my cuddle buddy." Louis said with a fake pout. Harry pulled away and smiled up at Louis. It was then that Louis felt the soft fabric on his neck. Harry pulled his arms away from Louis' neck and that's when Louis saw the pale, soft blue blanket. "What's this, Hazza?" Louis asked. "This is blankie." Harry responded, pulling the blanket close to himself and hugging it. "Oh, well you'll have to introduce me later." Louis said, noticing that the thing was extremely important to Harry.

A few minutes later, Harry's mum called for him to say goodbye. "Bye, mummy." Harry said, sniffling. The boys knew there'd be tears later. "Bye, sweetie." Anne responded. Harry clung onto her and she rubbed his back, shushing him. "Don't go." Harry whimpered into her shoulder after she'd picked him up. "I have to, baby. You've got to go back to your work." Anne said. Harry shrugged. Of course he loved his job, but after spending time with his family, he was seriously rethinking going back. He wasn't serious about quitting, but he'd grown reattached to his mum in the short time he'd been home. "Oh, you don't mean that. C'mon now, I know you're ready to see Louis." Anne tried. Harry sniffled, but finally let go of his mum and reached out for Louis. Louis gladly took him and rubbed his back. "Well, I've got to go now. Call me later, Harry. I love you." Anne said, going and kissing Harry's cheek.

After Anne had said that, Louis asked to be excused. He'd mouthed to Anne that he needed to talk to her, so she just headed to her car. Louis handed Harry to Liam and they went inside. Louis, however, made his way to Anne's car.

"You wanted to talk?" Anne asked. "Yeah, I just needed to ask about Harry." Louis said. "What about him?" Anne asked. "What's with the blanket?" Louis asked. "Ah, that. Well, Harry found an old blanket he had, and he kind of just got reattached to it. He's not slept one night without it." Anne said. Louis nodded. "Anything else I should know about before you go" he asked. "Well, he may also be a bit clingy. He's slept with Robin and I every night since he's been home." Anne said. Again, Louis nodded. They said their goodbyes, and Anne was off.

When Louis went back inside, the first thing he noticed were the loud cries coming from the front room. He immediately rushed to where he heard the cries coming from. He knew who's they were.

Upon arriving in the living room, Louis saw a hysterical Harry on the couch, surrounded by the other boys cooing and shushing and just trying to get him to calm down. "Hey, hey, what's the matter?" Louis asked as he made his way to the couch. Harry was still sobbing, but he looked up at Louis and reached his arms up. Louis plucked his from the couch and hugged him. "What's wrong" he asked, rubbing the inconsolable child's back. "I want my mummy!" Harry cried into Louis shoulder. Louis swayed with Harry in his arms and shushed him. "Shh, calm down. You're just a little bit tired aren't you?" Louis asked. Harry was still crying, clinging to Louis neck, but he'd calmed down a bit. Eventually, Harry was reduced to sniffles and whimpers, so Louis sat down on the couch with Harry in his lap. "We'll call your mummy in a little while, but for now, why don't you take a nap?" Louis said. Harry just nodded into Louis' shoulder and quickly fell asleep.